Friday, March 14, 2014

Castle Rock SP Hike

Friday: (03/14) Granola and sausage for breakfast. I met three fellow hikers in the front yard for a carpool to the park. We headed up Page Mill Road to Skyline Road then on to the park above Saratoga.


Castle Rock SP


EveryTrail – Find the best Hiking in California

SJMWH Group At Castle Rock SP 9139482187 SJMWH On the Saatoga Gap Trail
We met the other 22 hikers there. At one point we had 43 hikers signed up for this hike but fortunately several hikers changed their mind so it was a more comfortable sized group. The group has hiked this location several times and never before hiked by the namesake Castle Rock so this time we did it on the way out. This loop trail goes through some nice oak and madrone forests along the South side of the ridge giving some really nice views of the Santa Cruz Mountains. I managed to only take the group photo for this hike so you’ll have to trust me the views are nice.

Castle Rock SP Don On Goat
I had to climb up on Goat Rock and I managed to forget my camera so no photos from a great spot except this one by a fellow hiker.

Lou called and i met her and Dawn at LUU Noodle House for lunch. Great egg rolls and an avocado smoothie for me. Nice post hike treat. After lunch a nap was in order.



No comments:

Post a Comment