Friday, June 19, 2015

Big Basin SP, Hollow Tree And Meteor Trails

Friday: (06/19) Breakfast from L&L Hawaiian. Alex picked me up and we drove over to Big Basin State Park to meet the San Jose Mid-Week Hiker Group members for a hike. We hike the Hollow Tree and Meteor Trails. They are some of the prettiest trails in the park. I hiked down the Hollow Tree Trail a couple of years ago when I hiked over from Palo Alto. Today was my first pass through the Meteor trail. It has some really nice big trees. The weather was great for our hike, nice and clear but not too hot. It was only about an eight mile hike.

Big Basin Hollow Tree Hike 438838428 Big Basin Hollow Tree Hike 438838632
An old saw mill site on left. Bob, our hike leader and myself on the right.
I had some leftover stroganoff for lunch. Tacos ala Lou for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment