Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mt Donald Gets Decorated

Thursday: (06/11) I must have felt my green thumb throbbing because I got busy gardening this morning. I planted a bunch of plants from the greenhouse on Mount Donald, the huge dirt pile in our back yard. I don’t have a plan for redoing our backyard, nor our front yard into more water efficient landscaping so Mt Donald needed some camouflage to hide the barren pile as a landscape feature. There is really no waste. The plants are mostly starts and will likely do better in the ground. If the plantings respond consistent with the previous raised bed I planted last year, the mountain will disappear in a couple of months. Sort of like painting an elephants toe nails to hide it in a strawberry patch, but it works. Then I tried to relax in the backyard watching the birds, listening to music and thinking, a little. But Lou reminded me that she needs some drawer runners for some wire baskets she has for her work table so I got to work. It was a nice day, in the 70′s so working outside was nice. I don’t have room in my shop to work so I work on the lawn to do my woodwork. Dawn made smoothies for breakfast. Leftovers for Dawn and Lou and a breakfast sandwich for me for our lunches.  Dawn made Elk burgers for dinner.

Mt Donald
Mt Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment