Monday, June 8, 2020

Tarwater Shingle Creek Trail Hike

 Monday: (06/08) Morning tea in the yard. Lou made soft boiled eggs to go with the tea. I planted a few remaining plants that I rescued from Mount Donald around the new Mound Donald. I got busy and did some cleanout of the greenhouse. Every year I used to bring most of the yard planters into the greenhouse. A few years ago, I didn’t bring all of them out and some have been in there for years. They were under the middle shelf in an area about 4’x6’ and 3’ high. We have been using the top as usual but the bottom was ignored. Enough so that many of the plants became rooted through their pots and through the brick pavers and into the ground. Some roots also entered the drain trench. I ended up throwing out many of the plants because we don’t need them Busy morning and a dirty job. I had a shower and a nice pastrami and cheese sandwich and headed off for a hike. I went to Pescadero Creek County Park in San Mateo County to hike the Tarwater/Shingle Mill Trail loop. It’s only a 5.5 mile hike so starting at 1315 was no problem. I finished up at 1545. No wildlife seen. Nice sunny day but mostly shaded trail. At home Dawn made salmon and cheese sopas for dinner. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment