Sunday, February 1, 2015

Camp Roberts Rest Area

Sunday: (02/01) Leftover waffles and sausage for breakfast. We were busy doing our final packing  and prep to leave. For me, it was when I started packing. I really don't move in to the house too much when we are home. It does make it easier to leave. I did explode my backpack enough that I really needed to collect it together to have available for any overnight hikes I may want to take. As usual, the water heater decided to work today so I heated water for Lou to shower in it and then clean it. I then drained the tanks and confirmed everything really worked . It did. Leftovers du jour for lunch. My Amazon delivery of the new water heater control board arrived about 1720 just within the 24 hours for one day delivery. Good job, we can now hit the road. We were on the road at 1830 and stopped for dinner at the Longhouse in Gilroy. They had a veal scallopini dinner special which we all had. We then continued down the road stopping for the night at the rest stop by Camp Roberts North of Paso Robles. It was unusually quiet with only one other vehicle in the truck park area.Normally that late the trucks are parked out the exit ramp due to the lot being full. A lot of truckers must have taken the day off for the big game. (GPS: 35.85174, -120.77211)

No comments:

Post a Comment