Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Break In The Rain

Saturday: (10/29) No rain, just cloudy today. Peach blintzes and sausage for breakfast. Lunch at Mi Pueblo Market in East Palo Alto. We also picked up some wire for a greenhouse project and looked around at IKEA. At home, I finally got out and cut some wood for the greenhouse project. Lou’s making protective cages to keep her lettuce safe from nighttime marauders. Lou made salmon with rice and asparagus.

Sunday: (10/30) Granola for breakfast. I worked in the greenhouse some moving and preparing to make Lou’s garden cages. I decided I needed my electric miter saw which I thought was in San Jose at Dawn’s place. So I headed that way intending to get lunch on the way. I also stopped at Harbor Freight and looked at their air staplers an staple supplies. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to carry staples that match their staplers and visa-versa. I continued to Dawn’s and found that the living room was still cleared from when I cleaned the carpet. I returned everything to its rightful place. I also removed the unused DSL modem and wireless router for use at home. On the way home I stopped for some Dim Sum at Dim Sum King in Sunnyvale. It turns out the miter saw wasn’t in San Jose. I found it deeply buried in my shop. Some chicken with cheese and avocados for dinner.

Monday: (10/31) Lou made scrambled eggs for breakfast. Dawn is under the weather. Speaking of weather, it was mostly sunny with a few light showers. I spent some time with the table and miter saws cutting some boards for the cages. Lou and I went to LUU Noodles for lunch. I spent some time watching the construction project at San Antonio Mall. It’s nearing completion. They were pouring the last floor of the theater parking garage. I then went out hardware shopping. I got some nails for the air nailer and L brackets and hinges. For dinner BBQ ribs with a baked potato and an avocado.

Tuesday: (11/01) Granola for breakfast. I headed out early to work on Lou’s plant cages. It took all day to finish making the frame and installing the wire. Fortunately, at the end of the day, the planters actually fit through about exactly or possibly a better word is “barely.” I had an avocado and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou made spaghetti for dinner.

Wednesday: (11/02) A nice sunny day. Lou and I headed out to breakfast at The Crepevine in Mountain View. We shared a nice El Paso (corned beef hash). Then we went shopping for a new dehumidifier. Couldn’t locate one we wanted. I picked up some Dim Sum for lunch on the way home. Lou was off early to a meeting at Stanford. Dawn is still under the weather.Leftover spaghetti for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment