Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Baby Sitting

Tuesday: (09/28) Up at 0530 to drive Ernie to the VA Hospital for an appointment. I returned home and had a PBJ English muffin for breakfast. I checked the work on the Wilton Court project down the street. They were busy installing wall framing panels. They installed most of the panels that were delivered the other day. Lou and Dawn were off to an appointment. I returned to the VA hospital about the time Ernie could have been finished. I waited in the car outside for a while and I picked a chicken wrap up from their canteen for lunch. I picked Ernie up about 1215. Lou made a tortilla chip casserole for dinner.

Wednesday: (09/29) Leftover corn chip casserole for breakfast. I’m hanging around with Ernie while he recovers. Chicken and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Chicken soup for dinner.

Thursday: (09/30) I made Ernie and I ham egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches. Lunch was a super veggie burrito from Tacos El Grullense. Leftovers for dinner. More “supervision” of the Wilton Court project down the street. More framing and some drainage work today.

Friday: (10/01) Lou made bacon and eggs with tator tots for breakfast. Lou made chicken salad for lunch. Dawn made Brussels sprout with leftovers for dinner. I did a little work outside today. I removed the drip water piping that I reinstalled the other day and moved all the bricks I replaced then as well. I decided that changing the garden sections to EW rather than NS and installing valves for each section will allow better water management. The lower part of the garden floods while the upper section is dry. Now, if needed I can separate or turn off sections individually.

Saturday: (10/02) Leftover corn chip casserole for breakfast. I picked up lunch from Harry’s Hofbrau, lasagna for me and Ernie, prime rib for Lou and Dawn. Leftover lasagna for dinner. I tinkered a little trying to wring the water out of the garden so I can dig some more to try to locate the leak that is somewhere under the geotextile fabric under the garden. Lou had to move a few of her plants so I can dig some more.

Sunday: (10/03) Lou made corned beef hash and eggs for a late breakfast. Tomato soup with pan fried toast for lunch. I tinkered in my garden. I dug another test hole near the far end so I can see which end is leaking. I occasionally vacuumed out the water in the holes because I want dry holes to be able to see which hole gets water first. Leftover clam chowder and stew for dinner.

Monday: (10/04) Leftover hash and eggs for breakfast. I headed out for a shopping run today. I took my electric chainsaw back to Harbor Freight to swap it for a new one. The old one was recalled. I then stopped by Walmart Neighborhood market and Smart And Final Market for some things on the way home. After stowing those things away I headed over to a nearby garage and scheduled a visit to get the AC looked at on the Hyundai. And a final stop at Palo alto Hardware to get a couple of metric bolts to use as extended legs for the new freezer. That floor is really unlevel. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Roast chicken with ramen noodles and green beans for dinner.

Tuesday: (10/05) Soft boiled eggs for breakfast. Ham and cheese with crackers for lunch. I took Ernie out shopping for groceries today. After a nap I installed the replacement battery in my laptop. This is the second, the first replacement didn’t last too long. I had to buy a tool kit that included the Torq 5 bit to get into the laptop case. Well, of course, I misplaced the kit. After looking around for it for a couple of weeks I bit the bullet and bought another toolkit. They are only $17. Now I can have the other kit suddenly appear, as usual. Chicken pot pie stew for dinner. And, to top off my day I did tank duty on the RV filling the water and draining the black and gray water tanks. Then, time for a shower, for a good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment