Friday, September 17, 2021

Golden Gate Park Arboretum Walk

Friday: (09/17) Up early and off to San Francisco this morning. I needed a walk and haven't been able to plan ahead and an opportunity was available this morning so off I went. I decided to start my walk in Golden Gate Park partly because there is free parking there and partly because of a photo that Judy Zhu posted. She took a walk in GG Park recently and included a photo of an entrance sign to the arboretum that showed that there was free entry before 0900. I have Scottish heritage and it often shows. Free parking and entrance to my favorite arboretum. I used to walk the gardens often until they limited free entry to residents a few years ago. Now that I know how to enter for free, I'll probably return more often. The gardens were beautiful and there was a special bonus today. I noticed there were maybe a dozen baby grand pianos scattered around the gardens. It turned out that today and until the 21st most of the pianos are being used during much of the day. I noticed my first in use sometime around 1000. then saw maybe half a dozen in use. Various types of music. One was even being played by a 3-4 year old and, frankly, was a pretty good version of jazz, though likely just luck. I walked 4.3 miles around most of the trails and paths in the gardens and had to leave for breakfast/lunch about 1130. An after lunch siesta and I was off for another walk in the West end of the park. A total of around an 8 mile walk and never had to leave the park, except for lunch from the Rain Tree Cafe on Irving Street. Nice day!

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2c42L3eZiUN5FWpm8

Video:https://youtu.be/01lY2qA1zNk

Lou made steak with baked potatoes and zucchini for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment