Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Nice Bike Ride

Up early. I went down to Morgan Hill to Superior Automotive for service on the RV. This is where the RV went on it's last service over 10,000 miles back. I want to have a few things done and have a good checkup before we leave again. .
Lou got up early as well. Oddly, the toad had a service appointment as well this morning here in Palo Alto, so, since Lou and Dawn have other appointments today, I'll be riding the bike while I wait.

I rode over to Scramblez Restaurant about 2 miles South for breakfast. They do a nice breakfast. It has a fifties motif and homemade-like food to go with it. After a leisurely breakfast and newspaper read, I was on my way back when I got a call from the garage about the RV. No major problems. The brakes that I was concerned about are fine. The radiator needs a flush, rusted coolant. That with the other work will take more than today so I rode up to San Jose, about 8-10 miles to the light rail station and caught a ride toward home. It's 42 miles to home so I wasn't going to ride all the way home. . The Light Rail gets me up to Mountain View, about 3-4 miles from home for $1.75.

A benefit of this was that downtown Mountain View is where the Hong Kong bakery is so I stopped in for an egg tart. I was headed home when Lou called. They were free from their appointment and could pick me up. I mentioned my visit to the bakery so I had to go back and get more treats for them as well as some baked pork buns for breakfast tomorrow.

We did our grocery shopping and then we went out to fly my, or according to Dawn, her new plane. We went by a local schoolyard. Dawn and Lou got the basic instruction from me, the pilot with 20 minutes experience. They did very well. We only get 10 minutes per charge so since it was late only one charge. All went well except for one time when the plane was so high, the breeze kept it from coming back so it went over some trees and across a major street. Fortunately it made it across the street safely. We've got to find a bigger clear area to fly.

Dawn starts school again tomorrow at San Jose State. Summers over.

The toad made it back from the shop with some new brakes and a new battery among the other stuff. Ready to roll. It's been a costly week. Both cars and the RV serviced. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment