Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Doing The Run Around

Tuesday: (04/07) I checked the weather for Wrightwood and see the rain and snow should be finished by today and by Friday the temperatures should be nice. So while I'm itching to get back there are a couple of things to do while I'm here. I have a dental appointment tomorrow. Lou and I made a shopping run. We're working on water conservation changes to use gray water for the yard.. Lou made corned beef hash for breakfast, we stopped at Sweet Tomatoes salad restaurant for lunch. Fruit salad for dinner.

Wednesday: (04/08) I visited a couple of REI stores to find a pair of sun gloves. While I was on the trail I noticed my sun protection was pretty good but my hands hadn't been addressed and they are always exposed holding on to my trekking poles. I couldn't locate replacement tips for my trekking poles so i ordered replacements from Amazon and should have them Friday. I also collected materials for gray water recycling. I installed a hose to move the sump discharge to the rear yard to water the lawn rather than have it flow to the street gutter. Also the RV shower now drains to the rear yard as well so we can get double use of our shower water. Enchiladas for breakfast. Beef soup for dinner with the Hackmans.

Thursday: (04/09) More enchiladas for breakfast. A dental appointment before lunch, Leftover beef soup for lunch. Material collecting in the afternoon. BBQ ribs for dinner.

Friday: (04/10) More of the same today. I made some progress on an outside shower that will help water the lawn. Choreizo scrambled eggs for breakfast. Dim Sum for lunch. Spaghetti for dinner.

Saturday: (04/11) Finished the water recycling projects today. Now our yard can stay green, at least our backyard, eve with the required cutbacks. Spaghetti for breakfast. Chili sizes for lunch, my favorite lunch. Ham, dirty rice, vegetable medley for dinner. In the evening I prepared my pack to return to the trail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment