Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Birthday, Again

Sunday: (04/26) I'm not complaining. Celebrating another birthday is much better than the alternative. Last year I was at the Pacific Crest Trail Kickoff meeting. This year I'm at home but could have been approaching Kennedy Meadows, the end of my first two sections for this year if I hadn't taken a break due to a snow storm and the current break for my nose and knee. Last year I celebrated with hundreds of strangers, this year I planned on being with the lizards and snakes but am actually at home with family. Wherever, they're always nice to have.

I share this day with some other famous folks. Carol Burnett (comedian), Gypsy Rose Lee (stripper), Jim Davis (actor), Count Basie (musician), Broderick Crawford (actor), Lucille Ball (comedian), and Jack Valenti (censor).

Lou and Dawn are still off at the story telling event so I'm by myself for breakfast. So donuts are in order. Leftover pizza for lunch. Ernie and i drove over to Milpitas to the Black Bear Diner to meet Lou Dawn, Courtney and Cecelia for our delayed Easter dinner. It was delayed by my calling Lou to pick me up last weekend. It was only coincidental that it was my birthday which wasn't remembered except by me but mostly by the magic of my Google Calendar. I use my Google Calendar for any long term memory. I just have to use my sort term memory to remember to enter any important date or meeting into my calendar. Otherwise it is forgotten until just after remembering it would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment