Wednesday, April 15, 2015

PCT MM363 To MM388 Holcomb Creek

Wednesday: (04/15) Up early, did final loading of backpack. Off the breakfast at Evergreen Cafe,  chicken fried steak and eggs with a pancake. I didn't do it justice even though everything was good. Not much appetite. Possibly because of my cold that's getting worse. The owner of the motel gave me a lift to the trailhead for $10. The icy wind was blowing hard. I had to put on my thermal top and sun gloves to be comfortable. I almost had to change to my real cold weather gloves. At Vincent Gap MM374 I chose to take the Manzanita trail around My Baden Powell rather than up it on the PCT. Too much wind today, and snow on the ground up there. I rejoined the PCT, effectively, at South Fork Campground where the PCT has been rerouted due to a closure for a protected toad species. I'm camped at mile 7.5 of 20 miles on the Endangered Species Bypass trail,about equivalent to MM388 on the PCT. I stopped at 1730  because of a nice campsite at Holcomb Creek. I'm at 4500 feet so I'm hoping it's warmer here.

PCT Wrightwood To Holcumb Creek 2010
The trail.

PCT Wrightwood To Holcumb Creek 0318 PCT Wrightwood To Holcumb Creek 0319
My camp at Holcumb creek.

GPS: 34.400672 -117.839463

No comments:

Post a Comment