Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 8, Kickoff Meet

PCT Hike ADZPCTKO _ PCT Hike ADZPCTKO Vendors _
Friday: (04/25)  Up at 0600. With so many people in the park, it’s amazing how quite it was last night. I walked the campground then had breakfast. 0730 the Vendor area opened so I looked at the cool gear. The biggest Ultralight backpacking show around. I have some stuff like on display and could have saved 10% plus the shipping costs if I had trusted them to have what I needed and started my hike after the kickoff. I did buy another pair of socks and a camera mount for my trekking pole.

PCT Hike ADZPCTKO _
I attended talks on Trail Conditions, Desert Hiking, a Water Availability Report, Film and Photo Techniques, and Over Use Injuries. I bought Lou a map showing the elevation changes along the trail and mailed it off. The Post Office is one of the Vendors at the show. Lunch with some of the others in my campsite, Anchor, Little Fish, Brent and Gypsy.  Dinner was burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment