Sunday, April 13, 2014

Oh What A Relief It Is

Monday: (04/14) I worked on the tax return again today. Not really fun but finishing it always gives me a feeling of accomplishment. I really liked the years Lou used to do the taxes. Turn about is fair play, I guess. The returns are both nicely e-filed now. Can the fun begin now? I received  some spare batteries for my camera as well as a USB charger for those batteries. My new camera is known for eating batteries so I wanted to have extra and a way to charge them in the wild. The charger is tiny about the size of a double wide clothes pin and just clips onto the batteries. Now, my remaining task is to finish (start) pacing my resupply boxes and backpack loading and get ready to head South. Lou made another nice eggs with sausage and fried potato breakfast to start the day. Lunch was pastrami with coleslaw. My pastrami was on a chibatta bun with cheese. Dinner was more leftovers. The refrigerator has been bountiful but we have about succeeded in cleaning it out.

Tuesday: (04/15) Well, nicely efiled they weren’t. I received and email this morning indicating the return for the feds was rejected. I polished it to their needs and refiled it. It was finally confirmed as OK at 1920. I, almost, really prefer paper but everything works more quickly online. I spent most of the rest of the day packing some resupply boxes and my pack. We even loaded the car hoping to get away this afternoon but Lou noticed the freeway was backed up for our departure direction so we’ll head out tomorrow morning. Lou made omelets for breakfast. We had KFC chicken for lunch and went to our nearby Corner Cafe for dinner.

Wednesday: (04/16) We finally got on the road about 1000. Breakfast was at the Longhouse Restaurant in Gilroy. Lou did the driving after a stop for coffee in Gonzalez. Another stop in Paso Robles to stretch our legs at a thrift store. We arrived in Bakersfield at about 1600. We stopped at Dick’s, Action Sports, and Sports Chalet where I finally found a pair of crampons and an ice axe. I hopefully won’t need the Axe but IthinkI err on the side that I might. We went to dinner at the Golden Corral Buffet with Aunt Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment