Friday, August 8, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2248 - 2267, Lava Springs

Friday: (08/08) Met Rewind again at Lava Springs as well as a fellow through hiker Steve. Also met Bloody Mary another Southbound hiker. Met Joe and Cindy, a couple of equestrian hikers. They would stop to graze the horses so I caught up to them a couple of times. He sometimes does pack trips for the trail maintenance volunteers. Today's trail led through beautiful wilderness areas with some snow patches here and there. I also had a big river to forward, four 10 foot wide channels with almost enough big rocks to stay dry. Dinner at Midway Creek in Goat Rocks Wilderness. I had been in Mt Adams Wilderness. As I was ready to leave Midway Creek Sochi arrived. He is one of the hikers mentioned in a blog I've been reading by Carrot Quinn. He's from Atlanta. I hiked until after 2200 to get another 20 mile day. I got it. The miles were made more difficult by all the downed trees across the trail. Dozens. Many requiring finding a way around them. I was worn out but couldn't find a camp spot after I made the 20. I saw a light off trail. It was Viewfinder, a girl I'd met several times before but not gotten her trail name. She was at the only flat spot around so I joined her. She is the first hammock hiker I seen. Camped at MM 2267
image

A nice mirrored lake.

image
Joe and Cindy.

image
Mt Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment