Saturday, August 9, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2267 - 2277, A Camp To Myself

Saturday: (08/09) Up after 0700, on trail 0900. Granola bar to start. After two miles I stopped for breakfast at 1000, a hot dog (small summer sausage and cheese in a tortilla). I took care of a call of nature. The miles just didn't add up so only 10 miles today. Camped at MM 2277. Met a couple of day hikers and scored a banana and some sliced red peppers. Today was about 4 miles down and 6 miles up. Shouldn't seem like much but I was tired at 1700, was at a beautiful campsite by a good creek across from a snow patch. I decided to stop there and had the place to myself. I washed my dirty socks and feet, which the feet liked. The trail today had many day hiker's because there are many short trails up into the Goat Rock Wilderness, unlike the Mt Adams Wilderness.

image

Here I am relaxing. Don' I look happy. I am!

image

Lots of these on the spruce trees. Not as big as redwood burls. They also seem to rot quickly like the trees when dead.

image

Another mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment