Wednesday, August 27, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2476 – 2489, Stevens Pass And Onward

Wednesday: (08/27) Breakfast at the Sky Deli again. Same ole thing. I made a quick stop at the convenience store for some rope. I may be required to hang my food and the cord I'm carrying may be too short since I'v been snipping pieces off of hit for various needs. I then returned to the hotel and doffed my backpack and walked over to the highway to hitch back to the trail. I was passed by a half dozen cars but the last one turned around and asked me if I was a PCT hiker and offered the ride. Turns out he is the coordinator for the Pacific Crest Trail Association (PCTA) Northern region (last name Woods, I forgot his first name). He was headed to the trail at Stevens Pass to determine a new route for the trail that aligns it with the new pedestrian overpass. The ski facilities obviously built the OP and now the trail
ends at the highway with "No Pedestrian Crossing" signs. Needs adjustment. He and his puppy were there to check it out. I was on the trail at 0935, much earlier than I expected. Nothing exciting on the trail. I met Carlos, a NB through hiker. I stopped for the night at 1830 at MM 2488.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment