Sunday, August 17, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2360 - 2376, Met A Trail Crew

Sunday: (08/17) On trail at 0815. Met a trail crew working on the trail. My they get up early! I think they were the "350 Blades" from the Seattle area, all older than me. Today's hike was through a 12 mile waterless section of trail. 16 miles today stopping at a saddle between two mountains at MM 2376. More SB hikers today as well as folks gathering huckleberries and blue berries. Also met two unsavory types with shotguns. Lots of forest service roads around. I had to stop often to enjoy some wonderful huckleberries. I stopped for dinner and met Why Not a section hiker from Sacramento. Another 1.5 miles to camp at MM 2376.

image I was surprised to find this water cache about two miles into the 12 mile waterless trail section. image This is the greatest hazard in trying to make some good daily mileage, the huckle berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment