Saturday, August 23, 2014

PCT Hike, MM 2438 - 2453, Cathedral Rock

Saturday: (08/23) Up 0630, on trail 0830. Most of the day was UP getting to Cathedral Rock then down to what was identified in the trail info as a hazardous river crossing. It really wasn't too bad if walking across  roaring steep river on two springy 6" logs is OK with you. I was passed by a dozen or so NB through hikers. It was dark by the time i got to a possible camp site where a couple of tents were already setup. I stuffed my tent into a really tight not level site, too tired to hike further. Camped MM 2453. Just before crossing the river a trail angel gave me a luscious plum. A couple of hours into the night I was awakened by some ruffling. I had a mouse in the tent. All my food was in my pack under me but the mouse gnawed through  the tent screen right by the wrapper from a granola bar I had for desert. (note to self...) I was awake much of the night on mouse watch.

image
Fun to cross the river.

image
Nice mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment