Tuesday, September 26, 2017

More exercise and Back To My Roots


Tuesday: (09/26)I managed to get the last of the big roots out for the neighbor's sidewalk. This project was definitely more than planned. Now to do the final level, install the baserock and pour the concrete. Since the heat will be up tomorrow i probably won't be doing much. I need to soften the dirt with some water before digging it out. So tomorrow I may be doing some concrete sawing for the continuation of the utilities to the RV that pass undV driveway. I made corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. Dawn made me an almond butter sandwich with lemonade for lunch. For dinner, Lou made cheeseburgers with sauteed onions and mushrooms.


Wednesday: (09/27)  I did little today, partly because of the threat of a really hot day. I moved the loose dirt from the neighbor's walkway and watered it to make the final digging easier later. In the afternoon I rode the bus down to the San Antonio Mall and watched the construction crew pouring a concrete floor in the basement garage. Leftover corned beef hash for breakfast. Hotdog sandwich for lunch. Chinese food from LUU Noodle House for dinner.


Thursday: (09/28) My project of the day was to modify the recliner sofa to be a loveseat sofa. I detached the three sections seats from the rails. I cut the rails to a shorter length then drilled some holes to attach the seat sections. Nice loveseat now. To do this project I had to go the hardware store twice to get drill bits. I also bought some new 5 gallon buckets and some geotextile fabric. Lou made chicken pot pie stew for breakfast. Lunch at Round Table Pizza. An afternoon snack of some dim sum. More chicken pot stew for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment