Monday, March 1, 2021

No Termites

Monday: (03/01) Another gardening day. Lou and Dawn were busy working in the new garden . I tinkered around the arbor remodel. We had our annual termite reinspection today. I installed the new sprinkler valves and replaced one of the underground lawn sprinklers. And more supervision of the construction project down the street. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou made Reuben sandwiches for lunch. Chili for dinner.

Tuesday: (03/02) Not a really productive day today. I took Ernie to the VA hospital for a procedure this morning. Back home I assisted Lou in the garden a little. I reinstalled the now charged batteries in a couple of the outside cameras. Their batteries, though solar charged, haven’t kept up during our recent cloudy days. I also replaced the sump pump float switch but haven’t tested it yet. I’ll have to add water to raise the level to test it or hope for a good rain. I also started to prepare to install a concrete border around another garden spot by the swing. I had to move the swing to pour the concrete under one of the legs. Soft boiled eggs for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Hamburgers for dinner.

Wednesday: (03/03) I picked up Ernie and the VA Hospital. Lou had a dental appointment and I went to Harbor freight , Walmart neighborhood Market, and Lowe’s. I got a shovel, rake, and tree trimmer at HF, Break and ham at Walmart, and sand and manure at Lowe's. Lou and I went to Home Depot and I bought some more brick pavers to match our walkways. Dawn made Mandarin orange rice for breakfast. Ernie treated us to lunch from Chili’s Restaurant. Chili for dinner.

Thursday: (03/04) I worked in the yard all day. I hooked up and installed sprinklers and drip around the arbor. I had to dig a ditch for the lawn sprinklers. I then backfilled the trench. In the evening Lou and I visited Nob Hill Market for Dawn’s coffee and my sausage. Their prices are a little higher than most so we then went to Smart and Final Market for the rest of the list but they were closed since it was after 8pm. Granola and banana for breakfast. Roasted vegetables and sausage for lunch. Lou made beef broccoli and kale over rice for dinner. The broccoli and kale were from our garden.

Friday: (03/05) Today was the last weekday of this week so I had to get out and do a hike. I went of the Pulgas Ridge OSP and did a short hike. I hadn’t hiked there previously. I stopped for breakfast at Happy Donut on my way out and stopped at USA Chinese in Redwood City for lunch on my way back. Back home I didn’t get outside to do much until late afternoon. I installed some drip watering fittings and a second faucet by the arbor. Leftovers for dinner.

Saturday: (03/06) I added more baserock and set the arbor base to the proper level for it’s sand coat before laying bricks. It was rather cool outside and I didn’t return to work outside after lunch. Lazy is, is lazy doesn’t. I binged on more Covert Affairs. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lunch from Harry’s Hofbrau. Lou and Dawn love their prime rib. Leftovers for dinner.

Sunday: (03/07) In the morning I set some bricks in mortar by the arbor. Have to wait for them to set before continuing. In the afternoon we all took a drive up Alameda De Las Pulgas Road. Granola and banana for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Dawn made some rice and shrimp soup for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment