Saturday, March 24, 2007

More Fun In The Yard

My computer is still in the shop. I feel sort of lost without it. I want to get going with some work that requires it. Fortunately, Lou's is available so I can still make the occasional post.

Arbor Replacement, Before Arbor Replacement, After
Arbor utilities before on left, after on right.

Arbor Replacement, Before Arbor Replacement, After
Arbor utilities before on left, after on right.

Arbor Replacement Arbor All Spruced Up
Another view of the electrical being installed and on the right, a view of the decorated arbor. Plants rehung for Spring.

I keep making progress on the arbor replacement. I didn't want to leave until I got the yard sprinklers working again. Everything that was, is back now, even some that wasn't. Basically just the deck to do now. I picked up some plywood to make the forms for that last night. It's going to sit a little higher in the yard so a little retaining wall is needed. I do get carried away, don't I?

We were planning on getting away for a few days to Santa Cruz and the Pinnacles on Tuesday. I have a dentist appointment Tuesday and we'll leave from there. But, it looks now like a storm may be coming so we may reschedule until it passes. Dawn wants to look around Santa Cruz. it's just over the hill, but we haven't been there in a while.

I'm a little torn between my big desire to get back on the road and a little desire to stay and finish a few more improvements. I do need to paint this house and I need to pour a little concrete walkway in San Jose at Dawn's place. I'm still not sure what will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment