Monday, April 20, 2009

A Hot Spell At Home

Monday: (04/20) We stopped in downtown Santa Cruz for a while. Dawn looked over the bookstores while Lou an I looked around the shops. Finding a parking place for a 60' vehicle combination is often a challenge but we found a nice spot. It was in front of the ploice station so we, of course respected the parking limit sign there. They had a sign there but I still remember they don't have them everywhere in town.

Lou fixed chili sizes for lunch.

We're back home in Palo Alto again. At least until next weekend. It's nice to be home. It's in the 90's today so it is hot but the house is cooler inside. Guess that added insulation helps. Also the backyard is cool in the shade. The first order of business though was to clean the cooler. It looks like cooler season is here. I also had to look into why some of the sprinklers weren't working. It turns out I inadvertently turned off one of the controllers. It seems to work better when turned on. Now maybe the plants won't look so wilted tomorrow.

Lou fixed salad for dinner.

Tuesday: (04/21) I ran the old car over to the garage for service then Dawn and I went down to San Jose. Dawn had her internship work at the city. I started with a breakfast buritto from the La Victoria Restaurant near Dawn's apartment. I then got to work. I had to clean her cooler, fix a loose rain gutter, and work on her computer. We had lunch at Lee's Sandwich Shop, a Vietnamese restaurant next to City Hall where she works. She had a BBQ Pork and pork pate sandwich, I had some egg rolls and we shared an avocado smoothie. All very good.

I left after lunch, Dawn came home later on the trolley. It was another HOT day so Lou and I remained inside most of the rest of the day. What sissy's. Lou has been working on her dolls. I tinkered at the computer the rest of the day.

Dinner was European bologna, cheese,with a tapenade (peppers and olives) spread.

Wednesday: (04/22) Dawn fixed Irish oatmeal for breakfast. I worked around the yard some while it was cooler and then worked on the RV.

RV antenna upgrade
I installed a UHF antenna enhancer onto the existing antenna. It's supposed to double the UHF reception range. I also cleaned out the upperside of the roof vents by removing the rain covers and vacuuming and wiping. The Fantastic fan had eaten a leaf and was making a racket when it ran. It was pretty hot by the time I finished.

Later Lou took Dawn over to catch the trolley to San Jose for work. She stopped by the Hong Kong bakery before returning home to get our lunch. Their habit forming.

Today was much cooler but I did get a little hot up on the RV roof. I cooled it inside the rest of the day. Lou did more work on the dolls. We went to Lou's favorite Chinese restaurant for dinner. We shared the #21 Combination Chow Fun. We also had a couple of egg rolls. It's quick cheap and good.

Thursday: (04/22) I managed to get both cars and the RV washed and vacuumed today. Also did tank duty at home. I managed to break my macerater pump in the process. Should be ready to roll again.

Since we returned home a couple of weeks ago we've left on weekend trips every weekend. Short trips will be the norm for a while but possible not every weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment