Friday, July 16, 2010

Strybing Arborteum, San Francisco

Flowers At Strybing Arboretum Flowers At Strybing Arboretum
Friday: (07/16) I was off for a city hike today to San Francisco. I caught an early train up to the city and made my way out by Golden Gate Park where I stopped for breakfast at the Crepevine. I had a Huevos Rancheros, excellent. This was a good start to the "hike".

Flowers At Strybing Arboretum White Flower Ball At Strybing Arboretum
I walked over to the park and enjoyed a walk through the arboretum which was in full bloom.

Lady Bug Flower At Strybing Arboretum Flowers At Strybing Arboretum
Some of the interesting plants in the arboretum. i call the one above left a lady bug flower. The one on the right looks like a bunch of bananas but is much smaller.

Flowers At Strybing Arboretum Flowers At Strybing Arboretum
Quite a variety of different chapped flowers.

Geese At Strybing Arboretum
And the geese like the arboretum too.

I hiked some of the other trails in the park then through the Haight Ashbury neighborhood toward downtown then out Van Ness and back Polk Street. It wasn't long before it was getting late and I headed back to the train station and to home. Lou fixed baked chicken for dinner. Lou and Dawn have been busy organizing our huge collection of cook books.

No comments:

Post a Comment