Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Since It's Not Raining We're Pouring

Tuesday: (09/21) I finished digging the post holes then setup the post base forms. Should be ready to pour early tomorrow. Lou was busy getting the jeep registered.

Lou's homemade chicken pot pie for breakfast. Olive loaf and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Spaghetti quash with fish sauce, corn on the cob and fried fish for dinner.

Wednesday: (09/22) Ernie and I poured the last four post bases for this summer. Lou was out on her version of my walkabout, a shopabout. She actually spent some time at Dinah's poolside cafe reading. They have some nice gardens there as well. Dawn went over to Stanford book looking. They both went to their braille class this evening. After the pour, I was just cooking the spaghetti.

Parmesan popcorn for breakfast. Olive loaf and provolone sandwich for lunch, Don's fabulous spaghetti for dinner.

Thursday: (09/23) I tinkered in the morning. After lunch I got to drive the jeep. Lou's been enjoying driving it. I went to the Northern California Plant and Engineering Expo in Santa Clara to see whats new in building management. Energy conservation is the main topic, LED and fluorescent lighting and  solar panels. ON the way home I stopped to look at a couple of stores. After returning home I stripped the forms off the fence post bases. They were 12" paper tubes.

Spaghetti for breakfast. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou fixed chicken mushroom fettuccine for dinner.

Friday: (09/24) Lou and Dawn were off early to one of Dawn's appointments. Then the thrift shopped on the way home. I worked on the computer updating a website and doing email most of the morning. Late morning i finally started to work. I started installing the forms for the fence base. It went kind of slow so more to do tomorrow. After dinner I made a run to the hardware store for more tie wire and concrete.

PBJ sandwich for breakfast with some leftover popcorn. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Leftover spaghetti for dinner,

Saturday: (09/25) I finished building the forms for the fence base and collected materials. Ready to pour tomorrow. Too bad we're having another hot spell today and for several more days. Hopefully starting early tomorrow will help. Lou's been busy cleaning rugs and washing today.

Pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Bread pudding for lunch. Turkey breast, garlic mashed potatoes, bok choy, with cranberry sauce.

Sunday: (09/26) I mixed and poured about 2.5 yards of cement for the fence base, 30 feet of 6 inch wide by 24 inch tall. Fortunately it was much cooler than forecast. Lou worked in the yard and Dawn worked in the garden.



Wilton Fence Base By Green House
The last section of fence base is ready.

Oatmeal for breakfast. Olive loaf sandwich with some melon for lunch. Chicken potato salad for dinner.

Monday:
(09/27) Lou took Dawn to San Jose. She relaxed at her place a while the headed back toward home via thrift stores and the market. She then took our neighbor's mother to lunch and shopping. I tinkered inside all morning. Today is a hot day, the hottest in this spat of bad days.

Wilton Fence Base By Green House
Eventually I ventured outside in late afternoon and removed the forms from the concrete. Should now be ready to back fill and re-errect the fence on Thursday. I'm off on my walk-about in San Francissco and a meeting there in the evening, tomorrow. Wednesday the jeep goes in to get a recall fixed.

Eggs, Sausage, and toast for breakfast. Chili for lunch. Chicken potato salad for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment