Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Wet Walk-About In San Francisco

Tuesday: (03/27) We were up early. Lou had a doctors appointment and i was off on a walk-about. Lou dropped me off t the Caltrain station. I was headed to San Francisco for an evening computer group meeting. So why did I catch a train at 0830? Because I'm crazy! Actually, or partially the reason is I like to make a day of it, though today didn't look promising. I stopped in Millbrea and caught a South bound train back to Burlingame. The train I had caught North was an express so it didn't stop at some stations. The cost of going to San Francisco and back is the same as a day pass so it didn't cost more to ride around some. I got off in Burlingame, found a nice donut shop for breakfast and got my maple bar and then walked through the neighborhoods down to San Mateo. I picked up a cup of soup at a Trag's Market by the train station.

San Francisco Beach San Francisco Sunset District
Then I caught another train on up to San Francisco arriving a little before noon.  It was raining lightly when I arrived. I caught the Muni train out to the beach. Pretty heave surf today. Since the rain was picking up I stopped by a mall for a look. Then I caught another train back toward downtown.

Crepevine Restaurant Philly Steak Crepe
I stopped in Hayes valley at the Crepevine for an early dinner about 3:30. I had their Philly savory crepe. beef, mushrooms, grilled sweet onions, peppers and Swiss cheese crepe served with home fried potatoes and a green salad. So good!. After the meal I decided to try to do some geocaching. The cache was near the Mission Delores. While I was hunting it the rain started in earnest so I got drench and didn't locate the cache. I then headed off to my meeting at the Adobe building. The meeting was to learn about the direction of the
Flex programming language now that Adobe has abandoned it and it is moving to the public domain. It actually looks like it may survive and possibly even thrive still.  Interesting discussion but very few attendees possibly due to the rain. I caught the 940 train back home. Now to try to dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment