Monday, August 24, 2015

Home Again

Monday: (08/24) First day home. Enjoyed a late morning. Granola for breakfast. I tinkered at the computer all morning. Salads for lunch. We did a shopping run. I stopped by Central Computer for a new WiFi adapter fr my laptop. Lou and Dawn had to occupy themselves at a nearby thrift store. Tough life. LUU Noodle House for dinner. We also stopped by Walmart to pickup an Tracfone airtime card for our spare cell phone. The phone has been missing since December but appeared during the unpacking after our trip and needed to be reactivated. The internal Wifi died. Next stop was Best Buy for Dawn to get more time on her possible new phone. She is still deciding. I stopped at the REI store next door and got a replacement pair of hiking pants to replace my defective pair that has a broken zipper.

Tuesday: (08/25) A breakfast sandwich to start the day. I did miss them. Lou and Dawn were off to exercise class. I was busy blogging. I need to post some photos from the hike. Organizing a bunch of photos takes a lot of time. I also plugged a hole in our sunroom door where a dog door was. Stuffed tomatoes for lunch. Steak, baked spuds and corn on the cob for dinner.
Wednesday: (08/26) I was busy adding photos and polishing the blog entries for the period of my PCT section hike. Granola for breakfast. Green salad with chicken salad for lunch. Ham quesodillas for dinner.
Thursday: (08/27) Up early and got ready to go. I stopped by L&L Hawaiian for a breakfast sandwich. I had a dentist appointment at 0800 in Cupertino. After that I looked around the Harbor Freight store to waste some time. I then met members of my hiking group in Campbell for a walk, lunch and a movie. We went to Aqui’s restaurant for lunch, sort of a fusion Mexican restaurant. The movie was The Man From Uncle. It was surprisingly good and is likely a new franchise to rival 007 James Bond movies. On the way home I stopped and had the Jeep washed. That just about used the day up. I fixed quesodillas for all for dinner. I have a lot of tortillas leftover from my hike that need to be used up.

No comments:

Post a Comment