Tuesday, August 18, 2015

MM1700 To MM1716 To Ashland

Tuesday: (08/18) On the trail at 0715. After a short down the trail became up for about 1000 feet. The trail pofile showed a good 3000 foot drop after that but it sure seemed like a lot of up here and there. 
PCT Seiad Valley To Ashland Trail Angel 0818151039
Found some trail magic on the way and even met the caretaker (above) when he stopped to resupply the magic. I scored a nice apple and a drink. I hiked much of yesterday evening and then today with Armstrong. He stopped at dark and I kept going a couple miles. He’s also faster than I am so he caught up mid morning. My exit was at Calahan’s Lodge. At the bottom of the so called trail I met some hikers headed back to the trail. Galaxy had a rented car and brought them up to the trail. I got a ride down to Ashland with him. I checked in to the Asland Motel, showered, had dinner, washed my clothes and had a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment