Friday, March 9, 2018

San Francisco Walk-about

Friday: (03/09) Off early for the train. Lou dropped me off at the station and I caught the 0717 train to San Francisco. I usually have no real plan for these walk-abouts. I walked uptown on Fourth Street then through Chinatown on Green Street. I stopped at AA Bakery for a nice bacon onion bun for breakfast. I continued out Columbus and on through Fort Mason by the cliff trail and through the Marina to Fort Point under Golden Gate Bridge. I hiked up and out the trail West of the bridge about a ¼ mile before turning back. The fog was really bad out that way. I caught a bus back to Chestnut Street where I had lunch at Los Hermanos, a nice chili relleno plate. I then caught a bus to Market Street and walked around downtown toward the Embarcadero. I watched some construction projects on some new tall buildings and looked at the Leaning Tower of San Francisco, The Millenium Building. I then caught the N Line back to the train station and back home by 1800. Lou made chili for dinner.


 
 Chinatown street nearly vacant so early in the morning. An interesting way to trim a tree stump on Columbus Street.

 
Fort Mason Views, GG Bridge in distance on left, Alcatraz on right.

Tide Pools below the cliff at Fort Mason.

 
Nice flowering bush by marina and a view of the GG Bridge from Crissy Field.

 
Fort Point on left and surfers below the GG bridge on right.

Dinner at Los Hermanos on Chestnt Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment