Thursday, May 10, 2018

Redwood Acres In Eureka

Wednesday: (05/09) I started my morning with a walk around Spring Lake. We had leftover asparagus omelet for breakfast. We packed up and prepared to leave. We departed at about 1000. After getting gas, we were on Highway 101 Northbound. We stopped in Hopland at the Solar Living Center for s look around.

 
Above ar two examples of the opposite of "Drive Through Trees". These are "Tree Through Drives".

 
The solar, composting, and other information and products in the shop are interesting but the grounds are beautiful.

 
A pond lily on left and recycled toilet tank lids used as wall tile on the right.

We continued to a rest stop for a nap above Willits. We arrived in Eureka about 1700 and setup camp at Redwood Acres Fairground RV Park. BBQ ribs with corn on the cob and rice for dinner.

Thursday: (05/10) We did a little shopping on the cold windy day. We then relaxed at home the rest of the day. I made BBQ pork hash and egg for breakfast. We had lunch in Arcata at the Chinese Buffet. Cold cuts and leftovers for dinner.

Friday: (05/11) Granola for breakfast. Rather relaxing morning at home. Lou and Dawn were off thrifting mid-morning. They had lunch at the Cookhouse on the Samoa Peninsula. I finally got out about noon. I spent some time watching a paving project as I walked out to the Mall. On the way, I stopped for lunch at Amy’s cafe where I had a nice meatloaf lunch. Lou and Dawn happened to be at the Mall as well and gave me a lift home. Dawn picked up a growler of cider for an afternoon treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment