Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It's Fall

Tuesday: (11/12) I took the RV to fill up the gas tank. When I returned, I lowered the jacks and opened the slides. I then unloaded some things. While exiting the RV with the laundry basket, I managed to fall skinning both knees and one hand and arm. I’ve got to quit exiting the RV carrying loads. Now I can join lou with sore knees. I hope they are better before my next hike Wednesday after next. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lunch at Hobee’s Restaurant. Baked bean size for dinner.

Wednesday: (11/13) I watched the impeachment hearing all morning. I put on one of Lou’s old knee braces and went outside about 1100 and cleaned up around the shop then cut down a dead tree that used to grow in the neighbors yard and hung over the shop. I cut it down to roof height. And cut the debris up to fit in our compost dumpsters. The tree and leaves from the roof filled to two dumpsters. I then enjoyed a nice shower and a late lunch. Cottage cheese for breakfast. A chili size for a very late lunch at 1500.

Thursday: (11/14) A city crew was busy patching depressions on our street pavement. They will be topping it later with a topcoat sealer later. Granola and diced apple for breakfast. A little grocery shopping. Chili for lunch. Salad for dinner.

Friday: (11/15) A relaxing morning watching the impeachment hearings, day 2. Ernie’s smoke/CO detector alarm went off and wouldn’t clear. It was a year old supposedly 10 year device. I threw it away and ordered a new one. A little before noon we headed out to do some shopping in San Jose and then we dropped Dawn off at a bookstore and Lou and I went to an appointment. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. Lou made chicken with sauerkraut and potatoes for dinner.

Saturday: (11/16) A little cleanup to start the day. I made a run to Lowe’s in sunnyvale to get some materials for some downspout repairs and other projects. Back at home I had to relax the rest of the day. In the evening we went to Harry’s for our Thankmas Dinner with neighbor Meili, and friends Courtney and Cecelia and Ernie.. Granola and banana for breakfast. Some dim sum from Dim Sum King for lunch. Dinner at Harry’ Hofbrau in Redwood City.

Sunday: (11/17) Watch the morning shows to start. Granola and banana for breakfast. I finished the downspouts. One needed a longer pipe and the other needed a new drop flange and piping. I worked on re-potting and planting several planters on the walkway. Two of the planters we bought in Morro Bay and two we got a couple of years ago at a garage sale. I also setup some sprinklers for them. I ended up having to return to Lowe’s for more materials. Leftovers for lunch. Lou made tuna noodles for dinner.

Monday: (11/18) Dawn and I were off to San Jose. We had breakfast at La Victoria Taqueria. We cleaned up her apartment. I took off for a chai latte and walk. Dawn had an appointment. When she was through we returned home. Leftovers for lunch. I finished the drip sprinklers for the new planters. I had laid pipes under the walkway but needed to connect it to the drip system. Lou made corn flake chicken with roasted broccoli and baked beans for dinner.

Tuesday: (11/19) I spent the day tinkering in the yard, repotting plants, replacing a sprinkler valve, raking leaves, and more. The sprinkler valve I bought yesterday didn’t fit. It was the same Orbit brand and was replacing an Orbit valve in an Orbit manifold. For some reason it was ¼” too long to fit. I returned to the store and found one that was correct. Size does matter but the same brand of inline valve should have fit. Granola and banana for breakfast. Lunch from Super Taqueria. I had a nice no meat burrito. Leftover chicken for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment