Saturday, November 23, 2019

Fall With Lou

Saturday: (11/23) Leftovers sauerkraut and potatoes fried with eggs and sausage for breakfast. I went to Lowe’s to get some new corrugated steel roofing for the cottage. The roof is rusted through in several places. I was also considering replacing it with plywood and asphalt rolled roofing. Unfortunately, owes had neither. I avoid buying from Home Depot any more because of it’s Trump support but I stopped by reluctantly. They did have the steel panels and rolled roofing. But I discovered the rolled roofing rolls were 95sf and I need about 105sq. I really don’t like that much waste. I also reconsidered the time I have to do this project before Lou’s surgery. Just one day and if I remove the existing roof there is no telling what else I need to repair under it. So I decided to just secure a tarp over it for now. I stopped for lunch at the Lucky China Bistro on the way home. At home I cleaned off the rooftop. It was actually a storage place. I removed the two chicken coops planters and other materials. I also had to move a wood pile leaning against the building. I managed to get the tarp installed before dark. More work to do tomorrow to get rid of the coops and other junk. We also have to move our cars from the roadway all next week due to repaving. We went to the Corner Bakery for dinner. After dinner we went to the Tellabration where Dawn was one of the story tellers.


Sunday: (11/24) Granola and banana for breakfast. Dawn and I went to BestBuy in Mountain View and bought a new laptop for Dawn. We went to lunch at Applebee’s Grill in Redwood City and then looked at some neighborhood open houses. The prices are really encouraging if we were selling. A Chili baked potato for dinner.

Monday: (11/25) Granola and banana for breakfast. I relaxed all morning. Leftovers for lunch. Lou and I went to a laundromat to wash all our bedding. When one of the giant washers was finishing its final spin it was out of balance. It made the building shake worse than our 1989 earthquake did. The concrete floor was even heaving. I think they might have evacuated the 7Eleven next door. Lou and I went to LUU Noodle House for dinner. Dawn was out to a movie with Courtney.

Tuesday: (11/26) A rainy day. Lou and I were off to Kaiser. Lou gets her new knee today. I went off to breakfast at Holder’s Country Inn then shopping. I also took a nap then returned to the hospital by 1345. Lou was in recovery. We left the hospital by 1645. It had started to rain. We are expecting a big storm for the next few days. Dawn had made mushroom soup and toast for dinner.

Wednesday: (11/27) A rainy day. A relaxing day. Lou was busy recovering, I was busy watching here do it. In the afternoon the nurse came by for a checkup. Dawn made rice with fried eggs for breakfast. For dinner Dawn made lima beans with rice and chicken sausage.

Thursday: (11/28) Granola and banana for breakfast. I went grocery shopping for our holiday dinner. No fancy prep needed just market prepared items. I actually prefer the easier holiday and few leftovers. Ernie brought a lot of things as well for our feast for four. Ernie's horderves of deviled eggs, olives, cheese and crackers were enough by themselves.

Friday: (11/29) Leftovers for breakfast. I had Dawn’s rice lima bean with sausage. A turkey sandwich for lunch. More leftovers for dinner. I had chicken, asparagus, carrots, and a twice baked potato section. Lou’s PT person dropped by for a check at 1100. It was another rainy day and we spent the day inside relaxing.

Saturday: (11/30) Granola and banana for breakfast. Leftovers the rest of the day. Another rainy day. We relaxed inside all day. I did make a dash to the market for a few things. Lou continues recovery.

Sunday: (12/01) Granola and banana for breakfast. Dawn made dinner something baked with spinach and leeks. Leftovers for lunch. More rain on a relaxing Sunday. I did make a run to the Kaiser Hospital in Santa Clara to their pharmacy for Lou.

Monday: (12/02) Occasional rain all day. Granola and a banana for breakfast. Cecelia came over to Lou sit and Dan and I headed off to the dentist. She had her teeth cleaned and a mouth guard fitted. We were then off to her eye doctors to get some paperwork. Then we picked up some salads at the Corner Bakery Cafe for lunch. Hummus toast for dinner.

Tuesday: (12/03) I made a run to the store and to the pharmacy. Granola for breakfast. Refried beans with sausage for lunch. Dawn made vegetable soup for dinner.

Wednesday: (12/04) Watched the Impeachment Hearing in the morning. Granola and banana for breakfast. I made a batch of my enchilada casserole and had some for lunch and dinner. I also made a big Waldorf salad. Otherwise a relaxing rainy day at home with Lou.

Thursday: (12/05) Enchiladas for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lou had a PT visit. The exciting thing for the day was that a work crew started removing the sidewalk for our next door neighbors.

Friday: (12/06) Enchiladas for breakfast. PBJ toast for lunch. Cottage cheese and peaches for dinner. I did a touch of work today before the rains. I cleaned the leaf debris out of the two chicken coops and Ernie and I moved them to the front yard. I only had to remove the gate from the fence for them to fit out. Next week the gardener will take them away. I later made a grocery run to Walmart. Otherwise relaxed inside.

Saturday: (12/07) A rainy day. Relaxed at home all day. I made another Waldorf salad. Granola and banana for breakfast. Enchilada casserole for lunch. Ramen noodles for dinner.

Sunday: (12/08) Another rainy relaxing day at home. I made a pear Waldorf salad with some pears our neighbor brought over. Chorizo chicken patty with fried eggs and toast for breakfast. Chicken with PBJ toast.Waldorf salad for lunch. Baked potato with chilli for dinner.

Monday: (12/09) The big event on this overcast day was that the crew removed the driveway ramp and prepared the forms and base to pour sidewalk and ramp tomorrow. Waldorf salad for breakfast. Enchilada casserole for lunch. LUU Noodle House take home for dinner.


Tuesday: (12/10) Busy day supervising the concrete finishers replacing our neighbors sidewalk and driveway ramp. They manage to do it a lot quicker than I do. However, Ernie and I did about the same area in about 4 days of mixing, pouring , and finishing, just the two of us, not a crew of eight and not delivered readymix. Granola and banana for breakfast. A late lunch of leftovers from LUU Noodle House.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment