Monday, February 8, 2021

No Jury Duty

Monday: (02/08) Breakfast from Happy donut today. I enjoy their sausage egg and cheese English muffin. I cleaned out my backpack from my overnighter. I am on juror wait to be called this week. Not needed this morning but I had to check in again at 1100 so I couldn’t get dirty so no outside work. When I checked at 1100 I was not called so I got busy and worked on the forms for the arbor edges. I finished the North side. Not just some level checking and adjusting, if needed. I also need to cut and bend the rebar I’ll drop in as I pour. I won’t be able to pour any concrete this week since I can’t count on a full day nor any mornings this week. I may buy some more 2x6’s and install the forms on the South side as well. We’re expecting some possible rain this evening.

Tuesday: (02/09) Threat of rain today. I made breakfast ham egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. I was on jury duty standby again today. At 1100 I checked and was clear for the rest of the day so I got to work outside. I finished up almost everything on the concrete forms. I aligned the pipes that need to be flush with the top and installed some cushions next to the fountain bowl. It was sprinkling on and off while I was out. Leftover chicken salad for lunch. Dinner was frozen veggie burrito bowls.

Wednesday: (02/10) Another day of on call jury duty. Nice day otherwise. I attended my usual Wednesday Alphasoftware webinar and also tinkered on the computer the rest of the morning. When I checked at 1100 I was clear of jury on call for the rest of the day so I had lunch then got to work. I dug out a good chunk of the South side of the arbor to install the forms. Leftovers for breakfast. Roast beef sandwich for lunch. Quesadilla for dinner.

Thursday: (02/11) Granola and a banana for breakfast. A nice veggie burrito from our neighboring El Gruelense Taqueria. I was still on jury call today. When I checked at 1100, I had been released from oncall and clear for a year. I watched the construction project down the street. They began hauling dirt out from their soon to be basement parking hole. I finally emptied the concrete bags out of my car and went to Home Depot to get some 2x6 studs for the forms. I was forced to buy from Home Depot because Lowes doesn't seem to sell 2x6’s except for super premium boards, or at least they are priced as if they are. We ended up with some rain in the afternoon. Leftover Quinoa Blue cheese grape salad and some ham for dinner.

Friday: (02/12) Granola and banana for breakfast. Ham and cheese rolls with cottage cheese for lunch. We listen to the impeachment proceedings much of the day. In the afternoon, Lou and I replaced the tarp roof on our yard tent. The other one was dead due to sun exposure. The walls aren’t in much better shape but that will have to wait. The process of replacing the roof made the cleaning out for easier access providing a cleaner inside a nice side benefit. A nice veggie burrito for dinner from El Grullense Taqueria.

Saturday: (02/13) Lou made a Denver omelet for breakfast. We picked up the often usual prime rib lunch for Lou and Dawn and lasagna for me from Harry’s Hofbrau. We were busy watching the Impeachment close arguments and vote. Very disappointing ending. I looked at the sump pump which was stuck on. I turned it off last night. Today I confirmed the bad float switch. I ordered a replacement and enabled a temporary switch that pumps on a wider range and to a lesser depth. My original pumped from above 9” down to 4”. The temporary pump will pump from above 24” down to 6”. It will keep us from flooding in the meantime. Lou and I went to Lowe’s in Sunnyvale and I picked up more concrete. Lou was just out for a ride. Leftover lasagna for dinner.

Sunday: (02/14) Lou went out shopping for flowers for friends for Valentine’s Day. On the way home she picked up breakfast at A Good Morning cafe. I did some work outside today. I drilled some holes in the concrete to pin the new concrete to the existing. I finished the rough dig out on the South side of the arbor. We had some minor showers today but tomorrow a few more are expected and the next day there will be some real rain. So, I hope to possibly get some or all of the rest of the forms installed tomorrow. BBQ ribs with fries and artichokes for lunch. Chili for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment