Wednesday, November 16, 2005

San Francisco Walk

I've been busy digging through the study closet which was full of boxes that were put in there when we moved in, 14 years ago. I figured it was "about" time to look in the boxes.
12th Street Side Yard
Yesterday, I cleaned the gutters at the San Jose house. Of course, to do it right, I had to chop down a bunch of trees on the North side of the house. Nothing's ever simple. I can turn any 10 minute job into a day job anytime.
Of course, now I get to go buy a small chain saw to cut the large lower trunks of the trees and bushes. Then I get to dig out the stumps, then pour concrete, then put in a fence. Make that a 10 minute to a month job.
Stairway to Coit Tower Stairway to Coit Tower
Coit Tower
I had to attend a meeting in South San Francisco today. I've been wanting to take a train ride for a while as well. I checked the location of the meeting related to Caltrain stations. It was only a mile and 1/4 walk so I combined the two and rode the train to the meeting. After the meeting, I still had a perfectly good ticket that would get me to San Francisco from South San Francisco. Tickets are for zones which included both my meeting location and the rest of the way to SF. I took a little walk around San Francisco along the Embarcardero from the Caltrain station, up Telegraph Hill to Coit tower, out to Fisherman's Wharf and then back to the train. I like the walk (climb) up Telegraph Hill. It's a steep stairway path with nice gardens in the yards on either side and a flock of about 40 green parrots are in residence in the trees. They're kind of noisy, but interesting. At the top you get a great view of the bay at Coit Tower.
Golden Gate Bridge
The required picture of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Alcatraz Island
And of course Alcatraz Island.
A nice walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment