Monday, August 31, 2009

Finaly Some Headway On The Sheds

Monday: (08/31) No Eggs so my morning sandwich was eggless, just grilled bread, bologna, and cheese. It worked. I didn't get up until near 9am so everyone else had eaten already.

I got started on the fence repair for the new shed project. I spent most of the day chipping off the roots near the trees. Not easy work but much better today that last week in the really high heat. By quitting time I had the form in place for the first post and was readdy to pour but will wait Until tomorrow to do it.

Lunch was a leftover pizza slice and a V8. Dinner was my fovorite, chili sizes. It was just Ernie and I and we both like them. Lou and dawn are out on their thrift store run and are eating out on the way.

Tuesday: (09/01) Breakfast was eggs, sausage, and waffles. Lunch was Lou's quesadillas. Dinner was Noodle soup. It started with Ernie's egg drop soup leftovers.

I started the day by pouring a post base then removed the last section of fence and removed the post and base, dug out for the fence base, set the form for the post base and poured it.

Wednesday: (09/02) Lou made chili rellenos for breakfast. Dawn had leftover quesadillos.  A good start for the day.

I like very few TV shows anymore but one i like is Perry Mason and it's on at 8am and noon here. If I happen to get up early I can, and often do, watch it. Then If I'm not moving yet, Rachael Ray is good. Cooking shows are one of Ernie's favorite show types. I also like the begging chatter on the View however since the digital TV upgrade we don't get the channel anymore. The transmitter is on Sutro Tower in San Francisco and they supposedly had to raise the antenna after the analog transmitters were turned off. After the supposed fix we don't get it anymore and haven't since the switch to digital but did before. Looks like they goofed up and I'm beginning to assume it's permanent. There isn't much good on ABC the past few years anyway. Just don't mess up my CBS.

I'd better get busy now so I can do a little work before the noon Perry Mason. Actually we often miss Perry but it is nice to eat breakfast and lunch with.

I made a couple of trips to the hardware store for more concrete. I couldn't do much while the concrete cured enough to strip the forms. It was still too soft this morning. It was a hot day today anyway. Of course, now it's going to rain per Google. Works every time, better than a rain dance. I hope it's an error.

Dinner was a vegetable soup Dawn made.

Thursday: (09/03) Nice and sunny outside, no thundershowers like promised by Google, but then that didn't seem too likely. Just a demonstration of the occasional inaccurate data on the Internet. Better Safe than sorry as far as my covering the cement pile.

For breakfast I fixed waffles and sausage. Lou fixed stuffed tomatoes for lunch. We had Dawn's leftover vegetable soup for dinner.

Ernie and I worked all day building the forms for two of the fence sections. This fence is no ordinary fence, its more like hover dam with a few boards on top. Maybe I over do it sometimes but I don't want the neighbors trees pushing the fence around too soon. Tomorrow we pour.

Friday: (09/04) I fixed a nice breakfast of fried eggs, sausage and toast.

Ernie and I had work to do. We fired up the mixer and poured the concrete for two of the fence sections using 32 bags of concrete mix. That only took an hour and a half but i had to hang around a while to do some finishing. Lunch was another stuffed tomato ala Lou. We all went our separate merry ways after lunch. I picked up more concrete since i now know about how much I should use for the remaining fence section. I get the concrete at Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH which is part of Sears). They had a really good sale on the table saw I've been intending to get so I picked it up as well. My existing table saw is 3'x7' and weighs a ton. Works perfectly well but is a pain to move. My new saw has wheels and legs and folds up to about 18"x3'x4' and can be stuffed in a corner. I'm trying to down size since by show will be smaller. Now to find a new home for my table saw which is now more than 30 years old.

We went out to dinner at the Peninsula Creamery in downtown Palo Alto. I had a turkey pot pie, Ernie had fish and chips, Dawn had baked macaroni and cheese and Lou had a cobb salad. Lou Dawn and I rotated our choices making an interesting combo. That was all followed by a one of their excellent cookies.

Saturday: (09/05) Lou fixed breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast. A good breakfast starts the day off nice and lasts better than cereal or the like. I didn't need lunch until 2pm.

Fence Base Finished Fence Base By Trees
I looked at the concrete and it looked dry enough to strip the forms. It looks good. The forms can be reused for the third section. I worked on building the form for the third,  odd ball fence section near the trees. The base has to dodge the base of the tree and hopefully will be able to keep it from intruding further. I managed to get it all prepared to pour tomorrow morning.

After a good days work Ernie's dinner was nice. He fixed some rolled steaks that he saw Rachael Ray make a couple of days ago.  It was served with his buttered fresh spinach and some quinoa, a rice like substitute from Trader Joe's.  All very good.

Sunday: (09/06) I tinkered with Dawn's computer most of the morning. Ernie took the dogs to the dog park to see their friends.

I built a little form to fill a gap in the fence base and when Ernie returned we poured 25 bags of concrete for the last fence section and the little piece I formed this morning.

Lou fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. I cleaned up some of my mess and did the final finishing and took a siesta or two while I waited. I finally assembled my new folding table saw as well. It will be nice.

Ernie fixed a nice potato salad and we had hot dogs for dinner with All sorts of fixings like seasoned refried black beans, sauerkraut, onions, and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment