Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rummaging Around

Saturday: (08/18) Lou made a salmon and spinach omelet for breakfast. We enjoyed it on the new patio. After breakfast we all went off to visit a couple of rummage sales and garage sales in Redwood City. I was dropped off on the way home for a little walk home via a look around the Town And Country Shopping Center and Fry's on my walk home. I also stopped by a new cheese steak shop for lunch. For dinner we all went to Mitchel Park to a Friends Of The Library dinner presented by the staff for volunteers. Dawn is the volunteer. Hot dogs and the trimmings for dinner. 

Wilton Garden Sugar Pumpkin
Sunday: (08/19) One of Dawn's pumpkins above. Unfortunately I'm trying to blog this on Tuesday evening and the memory is too good. I think I just tinkered around all day. Lou and Dawn were busy managing the clutter in the kitchen. Green slime for breakfast. Shepard's pie for dinner. 

Monday: (08/20) Today was a material acquisition day. I visited Orchard Hardware and Home Depot a couple of times each. I picked up some nice, cheap planters for the patio and a bunch more brick pavers. My original brick purchase did not include the floor in the green house so I needed more to complete the next part of the walkway. I also bought a tire valve stem wrench and completed replacing a bad tube in the new little red wagon and put slime in all the tires. Bacon eggs and hash browned potatoes for breakfast. KFC chicken and corn lunches. Chinese stir fry noodles for dinner.

Tuesday: (08/21) Leftovers for breakfast. I had Shepard's Pie and KFC biscuits. Lou and Dawn had cereal then were off on a shopping trip. i tinkered in the yard most of the day. I potted some plants in the new planters I got the other day. They decorate the pation nicely. We went to lunch at Chili's Restaurant. we all had their soup and salad. They have a nice baked potato soup. In the afternoon I reinstalled the front walls to the green house. Lou has been busy plugging the bare spots in the lawn with the good grass in the next area to be dug out. She has a week before I start digging again. next Tuesday. BBQ ribs and a baked potato for me, sweet potato fries for Lou and Dawn all with a nice salad. 

Wednesday: (08/22) My project of the day was to get the plants back in the green house from their temporary quarters in the area I'll be digging out next.

Wilton Greenhouse Table Modifications Greenhouse Plants
To accomplish that I needed to shorten the wire shelf unit and turn one two tier shelf into two single tier shelves. I had to cut off about 6 inches from the about 6 foot shelves and weld the brackets back on to the shorter shelf. In the end, I had a wire platform about 3 feet off the floor. Now plants can rest on the floor or shelf or hang above the shelf. The new floor plan with the shelves crosswise in the grenhouse rather than on the back wall makes more efficient use of the space. By quitting time, the shelf was filled with the plants. Lou was busy doing detailed cleaning of the cabinets in the kitchen. Peach blintzes for breakfast. Chinese tofu cabbage salad for lunch. White fish with rice and squash for dinner.

Thursday: (08/23) Lou and Dawn were off early to San Jose for an appointment after which they played all day on their way home. I fixed sausage hash with eggs for breakfast. I wasn't in a hurry to start work so didn't until about 10:30.

Angel Wing Flowers

I like the flowers on the angel wing begonias. I tinkered in the backyard potting  and repotting plants in the greenhouse. In doing so I found an elusive cactus flower on a plant that looked pretty sick otherwise. About 1 PM I was off to Redwood City to lunch at the US Chinese fast food  place. Then I stopped in the Orchard Hardware store for some sprinkler parts and grinding wheels. More tinkering when I got home installing some of the sprinkler parts to the new patio plants and adjustments to others. Lou called to meet for dinner at LUU Noodle House. I had some egg rolls and an avocado smoothie. Lou had Pad Thai and Dawn had the chow fun combination. Among other accomplishments today I called and scheduled a debris box for disposal of the dirt I've been collecting. It arrives next Tuesday so I'll start work in earnest then.



No comments:

Post a Comment