Saturday, March 9, 2019

Biloxi, Mississippi

Saturday: (03/09) Leftover cake and pudding and other leftovers for breakfast. We prepared to leave including getting some LPG for the RV from the park. With the RV ready but not moved, we drove the Jeep down to Whole Foods and bought some gumbo for lunch and filled our water bottles. We stopped on the way back at the library where they accept used parade necklaces to be recycled. We had a big bag full. We then headed off East on Highway 90. We made a short stop at a casino in Gulfport and another stop at a mall for Dawn to visit the Books-A-Million store. We left there about 1600 and were in slow traffic heading on to Biloxi. We stopped for the night in Biloxi at the Golden Nugget Casino parking lot as it was getting dark. Actually a city lot adjacent to the casino with lots of trucks and RV neighbors. We had dinner at Bubba Gumps in the casino.
(GPS: 30.391995, -88.858456)
We stopped at the Golden Nugget Casino parking lot.

Sunday: (03/10) Lou and Dawn were off early for a walk in the fog. I came out later to do the same. I didn’t catch up but did hike both up river and out by the marina and didn’t catch up. I was back at the RV when Lou called to invite me to breakfast at the Palace Casino buffet up river. I have developed a cold so I relaxed in the RV all day while Lou and Dawn were out exploring. They visited the Visitor Center and some thrift stores. Lou found a slow cooker with a removable crock to replace the on we have that has a fixed crock. I had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou made chicken soup for dinner. In the evening we walked over the the casino for ice cream.
A fogging morning.

Monday: (03/11) A foggy day, again. We drove over to a Waffle House restaurant for breakfast in Ocean Springs across the bridge from Biloxi. After breakfast we visited a thrift store, went to the Gulf Islands National Seashore Visitor center and checked out their campground. No space at the CG. A little hiking and looking at the ponds. We got lunch at the Rouse’s Market and did some grocery shopping before heading home. In the afternoon the fog finally disappeared. This would have been nicer in the morning, we relaxed all afternoon. More chicken soup for my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment