Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Busy Doing Little

Tuesday: (10/22) I installed the new tarp around the temporary tent that Lou and Dawn are using. It’ a full one piece wrap of the sides so it should be better protection for wind and rain. I then loaded the things I removed from the RV when it went in for service. I then went shopping. I picked up some water bottles at World Market. I like that the are strong plastic water bottles with a nice looking exterior. They are stronger than the usual one time use bottles and cheaper that my usual Smart Water bottles. At REI if found a new sun shirt with a pattern I like. I also picked up some sample GUU energy chews to see what I like. I’ll need some for my Pinnacles hikes. Granola for breakfast. Chicken and hummus sandwich for lunch. Hobo chicken, potatoes, onion, and apple dinner.

Wednesday: (10/23) Lou and I dropped Dawn off in Los Altos Village and went to a doctors appointment. On the way back we stopped for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. After picking up Dawn we went grocery shopping. After dinner I filled the compost bins with leaves. We had a real backup on the garbage and recycle bins so I needed to be sure to get them out tonight. Granola and diced apple for breakfast. Lunch at Sweet Tomatoes Salad Buffet. Lou made chicken with corn salsa, rice and asparagus for dinner.

Thursday: (10/24) After the garbage pickup, I filled the recycle bin with a pile of boxes that remained from last week. I then spent the day cleaning the leaves from the sun room roof and also the house roof. That involved moving all the plants from next to the sun room and then cleaning up all the debris removed from the roof. I filled both compost dumpsters with leaves and could fill then again with just the remaining roof debris which I piled up until I have room. I made home fried potatoes with sausage and eggs for breakfast. A nice tuna green salad for lunch. Pot roast for dinner.

Friday: (10/25) Lou and Dawn were off to Pleasanton to a Holiday Fair. The also visited some thrift stores on the way home. I spent the morning cleaning the house walls in the backyard. We had another attack of the caterpillar cocoons, which, In addition to dirt, were cleaned off the walls. After that I relaxed in the afternoon. Leftover hash, sausage and eggs for breakfast. Leftover enchilada casserole for dinner.

Saturday: (10/26) Lou and Dawn were off to the Abilities Expo in San Mateo today. They explored some thrift stores on the way home. After I went to the Hazardous Waste Event to get rid of our toxic waste, I tinkered with the computer all day/ Granola for breakfast. Chili for lunch. LUU Noodle House for dinner.

Sunday: (10/27) Granola and diced apple for breakfast. Chili size for lunch.I intended to work on Ernie’s shed today. I did do some concrete grinding to adjust for proper drainage from the siding. That was it thought. The wind was too strong to be moving panels so I relaxed much of the rest of the day. About 1500 we drove back up to an Estate sale Lou and Dawn went to yesterday. Lou wanted to see if they were ready to sell a chair she liked at a price she liked. They weren’t so we didn’t get it. We did stop at Neil’s Cafe In Millbrae for dinner before heading home. It became quite smoky as we headed North to San Mateo. When we got home it was even worse. The air quality was at 135 (Hazardous) Our neighboring cities were only half as bad. Our fair city smelled like we had a neighboring camper who didn’t know how to make a campfire. Our smoke was likely coming across the bay from a new fire in Vallejo.

Monday: (10/28) I had a hike scheduled for this morning at Big Basin SP but our smoky air caused the leader to cancel the hike. So, I worked on Ernie’s shed. I installed the skirt siding and extended the bottom of the door that had been cut off to swing properly at it’s temporary location. It is now complete. A lot of dust was created cutting the cement board and grinding the concrete so I blew it all to the neighbors yards then hosed the walkway and buildings down. Granola and banana for breakfast. Chicken and hummus sandwich with a V8 and grapes for lunch. Dawn made buckwheat noodles then prepared a nice olive, tomato and onion sauce with them for dinner.

Tuesday: (10/29) I took a little shopping run to Redwood City in the morning. I dropped Dawn off at the library. At home I got the Honda generator out and exercised it. While we are gone Ernie may need it with these electricity shutdowns due to the winds. I also moved all the plants back to behind the house. I had moved them away to clean the roof and Lou needed them away as well to work on the window seals. Granola and diced apple for breakfast. A nice vegetarian burrito from El Grullense Taqueria for lunch. Dinner at Sweet Tomatoes Buffet.

Wednesday: (10/30) Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou and I went to A Good Morning for a late second breakfast. Dawn was off to a class. I took the bike for a ride and stopped at the hardware store for a door sweep for Ernie’s shed. Back home I installed it. Otherwise I relaxed today. Lou’s chicken chili for dinner.




Thursday: (10/31) I tinkered in the shop and RV much of the day. Granola and banana for breakfast. Chopped salads at The Corner bakery for lunch. Leftover corn salsa rice with chicken for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment