Monday, April 19, 2021

Four OSP Hike

Monday: (04/19) Dawn made pancakes for breakfast. I worked in the backyard digging out the newest garden. About ⅔ done now. Another super veggie burrito from El Grullense taqueria with a horchata drink. Lou and Dawn were off all day shopping at thrift stores. We went to dinner at Panera bread.

Tuesday: (04/20) Granola and banana for breakfast. I worked on the newest garden dugout all day. Just a little more then on to the other dirt removal projects. I also renewed my AlphSoftware subscription. I keep thinking of ending it but then I’d lose the 75% discount. I’ve been using Alpha for over 40 years. Lou made pizza for lunch. Shrimp polenta for dinner. Justice prevailed today. George Floyd’s killer cop was convicted.

Wednesday: (04/21) I got my breakfast from Happy Donut, my favorite sausage, egg, and cheese English muffin with a maple bar chaser. I headed off to Russian Ridge for my 9am hike. This is the first hike I’ve scheduled since last march. The San Jose Mid-week Hikers just started scheduling small groups of hikers the past couple of weeks since most of us have been vaccinated. These hikes require all hikers to have had their shots. 9 fellow hikers joined me on this 8 mile hike through Russian Ridge, Coal Creek, Monte Bello, and Skyline Open Space Preserves. We started and ended the hike in a little fog but enjoyed nice views in between. After the hike I picked up lunch at Lucky Chinese Bistro then stopped at Smart And Final market for a few things. Back home I relaxed after a nice shower. Leftover Chinese food for dinner.

Thursday: (04/22) Granola and banana for breakfast. I finished digging out the newest garden spot. Tomorrow I start the front yard patio. Lou’s enchilada for lunch. Dawn made a beef stew over rice for dinner.

Friday: (04/23) I started digging out the area for the front yard patio. I need to add about six inches of baserock under it. I managed to fill the dumpster leaving a little of the patio area left to remove. The dumpster won't be picked up and returned empty until Monday so I’ll be doing some other things this weekend. I made egg, ham and cheese breakfast sandwiches for all this morning. A nice Impossible burger for lunch. Lou made Asparagus with fish and rice for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment