Sunday, May 23, 2021

Newer Garden Beginning

Sunday: (05/23) I cleaned out the car from my trip, putting things away. I swept out the RV and garage. I stripped the concrete forms, laid the geo fabric and moved the remaining base rock onto the fabric. I’ll need to get a lot more base rock to finish the fill. Leftover Chinese food for breakfast. Lunch from Piece of Mind Pizza nearby. It’s a newer neighbor and our first time eating there. Not bad. Corned beef and cheese sandwich for dinner.

Monday: (05/24) I made one run to Mountain View Garden Center for 10 buckets of base rock. I threw that into the front yard patio area. I then made a run to the city free compost pile for 10 buckets of compost. I spent some time digging out Mt Donald dirt and mixing it with the compost in the mixer. Granola and banana for breakfast. Corned beef and cheese with hummus sandwich for lunch. Leftovers for dinner.

Tuesday: (05/25) I made one run to Mountain View Garden Center for 10 buckets of base rock. I threw that into the front yard patio area. It looks like I’d need 20 more buckets to fill the patio area. That’s about ½ cubic yard. I’ll also need 2.5 cubic yards for the garbage area patio as well so I will be getting three yards delivered. I’ll wait to order until I know how much garden mix soil I’ll need. I also made two runs to the compost pile for more compost. Granola and banana for breakfast. Corned beef and cheese with hummus sandwich for lunch. Corned beef and kale soup for dinner.

Wednesday: (05/26) Up at 0400 to look at the moon eclipse. My that's early. Granola and banana for breakfast. I attended my Wednesday webinar after sleeping in. I never got out to work. Late afternoon I did load my bucket into the car and headed over to get more compost, BUT, I forgot to load a shovel, so nothing gained. Lou and Dawn moved the remaining driveway free sale items out to the curb for pickup tomorrow on our semi annual pickup day. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Lou’s chili for dinner.

Thursday: (05/27) We started by watching the City garbage folks remove all the stuff left over from our free sale this past week. I picked up a couple of loads of compost from the city’s free pile. Lou and I then went to Lowe's to get a couple of 1” conduit sticks. I need to replace the bottom pieces of Dawn’s swing. I also got some garden soil for the garden. I then removed the bad metal from the swing. We also had to watch the construction project down the street that was guniting their basement walls and installing a vault for the cable TV and phone. Chili beans for breakfast. Chinese food from Lucky Chinese Bistro for lunch and dinner.

Friday: (05/28) I cut off the bad section of the swing structure and welded new bottom cross pieces. I ran out of galvanizing compound. I built a ½ screen to filter the dirt for the garden. I then mixed some dirt and compost. Oatmeal and berries for breakfast. Guacamole and chips for lunch. Roast chicken, asparagus and rice for dinner.

Saturday: (05/29) I got out early and tilled the former Mt Donald dirt then mixed some dirt and compost. I determined I’d run out of compost soon so I changed to moving compost from the city free compost pile. I also picked up more galvanizing compound and sprayed the swing again. After it dried, I assembled the three pieces. It’s now ready when a crew is available to raise it up. Later i mixed more dirt and compost. I made ham and eggs with toast for breakfast. Chili for a late lunch. Lou picked up dinner from Harry’s Hofbrau.

Sunday: (05/30) I started by picking some berries for breakfast. Granola and berries for breakfast. I started work by having Ernie and Dawn help me stand the swing on it’s legs. I then drilled the concrete and bolted the conduit clamps on to secure the legs on the garden wall. I then installed the swings and the grills for the grape vine support. I then screened more dirt and mixed the compost until I had filled the new garden space. I added some garden soil from the store as a top coat and it is now ready for Dawn to plant her grape vine. I still have part of the space for the mixer and compost pile until I finish working the raised planter dirt. Lou’s chicken soup for lunch. BBQ ribs with Brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes for dinner.

Monday: (05/31) A day off. I took a bike ride over to the Arizona Cactus Garden at Stanford in the morning. Lots of nice blooms to be seen. I then rode back home via an extended tour through town. The only work done was to plant Dawn’s grape vine in the new garden. Leftover lasagna for breakfast. Leftover rib and mashed potato and a half a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Mizithra cheese noodles and carrot raisin salad for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment