Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Watching the Building Rise

Tuesday: (05/18) All day watching the concrete pour at the building down the street. About 40 people working and 40 truck loads. Lou had a phone appointment with Kaiser about her hay fever and we made a run to the pharmacy to pick up some things. We also delivered a couple of boxes to the Post Office. Dawn was busy all day placing things on a free neighborhood give away Facebook group. Lou made French toast for breakfast. I picked up dinner from Panera Bread.

Wednesday: (05/19) Lou and I headed out grocery shopping early to Smart and Final. A short visit to Nob Hill and then back home. Our construction project down the street was very active too. A crane was there and lowered two forklifts down into the hole as well as tons and tons of rebar and rebar column cages. They also received a bunch of forms for the columns and walls. I was surprised at all the activity on the fresh cement. I attended my Wednesday webinar as well. After lunch I started building the forms for the front patio. It’s ready for the pour tomorrow. I had a roast pork sandwich for lunch. Dawn made beef noodles for dinner.

Thursday: (05/20) Checked the construction site and they are really making progress. The have half of the interior wall forms up and half of the rebar for the exterior walls installed. I was busy pouring the concrete for the edge brick base for the front yard patio. In the afternoon we all took a drive up to Foothills Park so I could look around in preparation for my hike tomorrow. We also went shopping at Best Buy for Dawn and Grocery outlet. Fried corned beef with eggs for breakfast. Corned beef and refried bean sandwich for lunch. Refried beans and chips for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment