Thursday, June 24, 2021

Arbor Bricks Installed

Thursday: (06/24) Leftover French toast and sausage for breakfast. I worked on the arbor bricks all day. I finished most of the trimming except the row against the raised bed and the two side extensions. It looks like I don’t have enough bricks to finish. I may need a dozen more because each one I cut is more than half a brick long. I worked late and finished enough to make it usable again including doing some grouting. One of Lou’s chopped green salads for lunch. I picked up Chinese from Lucky Bistro for dinner. They were almost out with my dinners being the last from their fast food side.

Friday: (06/25) Granola for breakfast. I worked outside on the arbor bricks all day except when my inspection talents were needed for the project down the street. I finished cutting and installing the last of the bricks. I had to do some cleanup of the side yard to begin removing the annual collection of leaves amongst the bricks stores beside the house. I located enough bricks to finish the project. Hamburgers for lunch with some banana pudding made with rice krispies. Baked potatoes with beef topping for dinner.

Saturday: (06/26) Fresh baked apricot cobbler for breakfast. I took Dawn down to San Jose to meet Andrea and then we went to lunch at Aqui’s Restaurant for lunch. Then we stopped at a couple of thrift stores on the way home. Lou made Shepherd's pie for dinner. Then Dawn and Andrea went to another thrift store. I did get a tiny bit of work done. I repaired a sprinkler pipe that had broken.

Sunday: (06/27) I worked at moving plants and cleaning leaves from around planters. I finished moving all the extra plants from the sidewalk at the back of the house back to their homes in the arbor. I managed to fill both our 40 gallon compost bins with the leaves from yesterday and today’s cleaning. Apricot cobbler for breakfast. Leftovers for lunch. Grilled veggies with rice and steak for dinner.

Monday: (06/28) I checked out the construction project down the street. They were supposed to be pouring last Friday but were waiting for an inspection which evidently didn’t occur so they weren’t pouring this morning either. It looks like they are doing whatever they can that will be needed for the following phase to keep the crew busy. I cut a couple of bricks and mixed some mortar and installed the key, corner bricks for the new front patio. I can now stretch a strict line using the bricks to try to lay the edge bricks in a straight line tomorrow. Mostly a relaxing afternoon napping and watching TV. A late breakfast of a fresh apricot cobbler. Chopped chef’s salad for lunch. Steak with baked potato and garlic mushrooms for dinner.

Tuesday: (06/29) Morning tea in the yard before a later breakfast. I checked my construction project down the street. Evidently they won’t be pouring concrete until next week. I made a run to Lowe’s to get more mortar and picked up some begonias at ACE Hardware on the way home. I planted the plants in the raised bed for some color. I started to consider laying some bricks in the front yard patio. That was preempted by Lou’s need for a drive. We drove up and through Foothills park then on up to Skyline Drive and on over to Saratoga. We stopped by Sanborn Park for a look at their RV campground. Looks nice o a stay will be needed in the near future. Lou and Dawn inspected the Cupertino Goodwill store on the way home. Apricot cobbler for breakfast. Salads from Subway Sandwiches for lunch. Dinner at Chili’s restaurant. We ate in the restaurant.

Wednesday: (06/30) Granola for breakfast. I drove down to San Jose to watch a tree removal of a limb over our garage from a tree in our neighbors yard. I attended the usual Wednesday webinar as well. I did some grocery shopping on the way home at Walmart neighborhood Market in San Jose and grocery Outlet in Sunnyvale. I also stopped at Harbor Freight for some scissors. Then I picked up lunch at the China Wok in Sunnyvale. It also provided dinner. My afternoon was spent napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment