Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Visit To Work

Today I arose early to be ready to deliver the neighbors to San Francisco Airport. I hope I'm able to find my way back in to pick them up.
Before I left, I repaired one of the drawers on a chest of drawers I built about 36 years ago. Nothing lasts like it should. It uses wooden runners instead of the metal drawer guides and on that drawer, under a heavy load the runners caught on the drawer frame. A couple of "L" brackets to hold them up out of the way did the job.
I then dashed down to San Jose and stopped by my former work place to visit. It was nice to see folks again. Somehow, they're doing fine without me. They just got a new contract with the County and it included an increase in retirement benefits. It would have amounted to about $1500 more gross/month. Darn, missed the boat again. But then, they are still working and I've enjoyed a couple of years of freedom already. Looks like the negotiators are nearing retirement?
The real reason I came down to San Jose was to visit Sheldon's Hobbies very near where I worked. I needed to pick up a new frame rail for my RC plane which I crashed yesterday morning. Nice nose dive from '30 feet. Rather odd to fracture the frame rather than a wing or propeller? I also picked up another battery.
RC Plane Broken Rail RC Plane Repaired and Broken Rail
The Radio Controlled plane with the broken rail replaced. The broken rail is shown as well.
RC Plane Storage In RV RC Plane Wing Storage
RC plane is stored in the RV bedroom. The fuselage above the bed and the wing above the window. Creative storage in an RV is important. It is kind of fragile so it can't be stuffed anywhere.
As long as I was in town, I stopped for an afternoon lunch/dinner at my favorite restaurant across the street from work, El Rincon. I had nice Milanesa Torta (Chicken fried steak sandwich).
Lou and Dawn Left Uncle Doug and Aunt Helen's house in Bakersfield headed to Fresno to see Lou's sister Kathy. They'll return later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment