Monday, June 12, 2006

Passports

We finally delivered our passport applications to the post office in Mountain View this morning. We don't plan on going anywhere but into Canada. Kind of ridiculous to have to pay $97 each to do nothing more, and with no greater security, than what our drivers license did before?
Dawn's computer needed a new hard drive so I walked over to Fry's Electronics, a few blocks away. Unfortunately, they are preparing to dig a big hole to build a new parking garage next door. Of course, "they needed my help". I watched the activity of driving the steel I beams for the retaining walls. It's neat to watch a forty foot beam be pushed in to the ground in about 30 seconds. When I finally had my fill of their work, I moseyed over to Fry's and picked up a nice 300GB drive for $89. Wow. What a change in drive capacity and cost in a year or so.
Lou and Dawn went down to San Jose State to register Dawn for next semester. Of course, they also visited many thrift stores on the return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment