Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Adobe User Group Meeting

I went up to San Francisco to attend the BAADAUG ( Bay Area AppDev Adobe User Group). There are two Adobe user groups in San Francisco and I occasionally attend the meetings when I'm in town. I also, occasionally attend the meeting online when I'm on the road and they make it available online. I come from the Macromedia side. Adobe recently acquired Macromedia. Looks like this is going to be a good marriage of products. I use Dreamweaver and want to use the other products more, especially Flash. I really just attend the meetings to keep abreast of what can be done. My friend, Bill Morris, and I car pool to the meetings. The BAADAUG meetings are held at Learn-It, a computer training company. Nice facility for the meetings.
The speakers, Erika Bauer & Mary Ann Cotter, presented Electric Rain's cool 3D animation application, Swift 3D version 4. A bit (lot) above my needs for now but you could almost do an animated movie like Shrek with the product. Of course, the real reason to attend is the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment