Friday, April 20, 2007

Rio, Las Vegas, Nevada

We had a nice breakfast at home then moved th RV to th Visitor Parking Area. We then drove the car East on Highway 9, the way we came in. It's difficult to look around really good while driving the rig. We hiked the trail to the Pine Creek canyon Overlook which gives a nice view of the area coming in to Zion Canyon. We departed Zion about noon.

We stopped for lunch in Mesquite at the Virgin River Casino. Excellent buffet. After a little rest period we were on the road again.

We ran in to stop and slow rush hour traffic for the last 5 miles coming in to town. We're now at our Las Vegas home, the Rio.

We watched one of the Masquerade shows at the Rio then went over to the strip for a little walk. We watched the Mirage eruption among other things, then returned for the evening.

Breakfast was at the Gold Coast Casino across from the Rio. They have an excellent buffet at a reasonable cost.

We had some errands to run, shopping and business. On the way, we stopped at the Red Rock Casino West of town. These new remote casinos are quite large. A lot of people must like to get away from the strip.

In the evening, we headed to the Slots Of Fun Casino. They're located in front of the Circus-Circus on the Strip. We had heard they were famous for the their 99 cent hot dogs, the best hot dog in town. They were right to be famous. It is a 1 lb hot dog and quite good. Cheap dinner taken care of, they also have cheap $1.25 margaritas. Desert taken care of I tried the blackjack table. The have $1 and $3 tables so I can demonstrate my incompetence cheaply. I managed to more than double my money before we left. It's very unusual for us to visit a casino, have dinner and drinks and leave with more money in our pocket than when we arrived.
Today was laundry day. We drove the RV to the laundromat nearby and did the laundry and shopped for groceries at the Smith's market next door. All the tasks were done in a short time and we returned to our home at the Rio.

We relaxed around the RV a lot and then went on a little shopping run. We also headed to the Pets Kingdom pet store on Tropicanna. It's a real nice store with lots of unusual and / or exotic pets. A fun place to look around.

We then stopped at the Terrible's Casino on Tropicanna for an early dinner. Lou enjoyed prime rib and I had Baby back ribs. Both very good. We then returned to the Rio and watched the show and played Keno a while. Exciting , isn't it!

Brother Ernie arrived back in Las Vegas and called while we were at the Rio and came over to meet us at the RV for a little visit. He'll be here a couple of days so we'll visit more until he or we depart on Wednesday or Thursday.

I don't remember what we did this morning, but it was surely fun.
We all went over to the Hofbrauhaus for dinner. Excellent German food, beer haus atmosphere.

After dinner, we went back to the Rio for one of their Masquerade In The Sky shows then out to Sam's Town for the Laser Show in their atrium. We spare no expience on entertainment. Both are free shows.
Yogurt for breakfast.

Ernie had a delivery to make this morning so Lou and Don went on a bus trip around town. But first, we stopped at the Bellagio Casino to go through the Conservatory. Very nice place to visit. We found the butterfly house to be the most interesting because they were releasing hundreds of new butterflies. Eack butterfly was transported in it's own envelope.

After our Bellagio visit, we boarded one of the Duece buses that run up and down the strip. We bought day passes. We rode downtown to the Fremont Street Experience. We stopped by the Gold Dust Casino for some of their shrimp cocktails for brunch. After our look about town, we caught a bus out Boulder Highway to Henderson. We ended up at the Fiesta Casino there. We returned home to the RV via a bus that ran back on Flamingo Rd to the Rio.

Ernie then took us to the Bootlegger Bistro for dinner. Lou and Ernie had spaghetti while Don had ravioli. It was quite good.

After dinner and before hitting the sack, we woke up the RV and drove North to the Flying J to get gas and dump the holding tanks. Since we've been showering each day, for four days, the gray water is getting kind of full. We didn't want to be bothered when we depart Thursday morning.

We went out to Sam's Town's buffet for breakfast.

After breakfast, Lou dropped Ernie and Don off at the Wild Wild West Casino where Ernie's truck is. Lou went on a shopping spree all over town. This is a big town, she put 30 miles on the odometer in here search about town.

Ernie and Don installed an inverter in Ernie's new truck. It's a 2500 watt unit so the wires are good sized. It took quite a bit of disassembly to get the thing installed which then required reassembly. It was a lot of work for the brothers Wood.

We had dinner at the Wild Wild West before going over to the Silverton Casino to look around the Bass Pro Shop there. Always fun. We wanted to get a picture of a baby stroller with a gun rack attached that we had seen there a couple of years ago. It's not there now so no picture. It is an unusual idea though.

On the road again. Heading to Landers, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment