Monday, June 17, 2013

A Little Work And A Sick Jeep

Monday: (06/17) We went ot IKEA for breakfast. It's not free anymore but 99 cents provides a good breafast of eggs, home fries and bcon. I added some Swedish pancakes as well. The main reason was a stop at Home Depot nearby for some things.

Wilton's New Big TV
When we returned home, I installed the wall mount for our new living room TV this morning. I went up fairly easily and looks good.  I didn't leave for San Jose until mid afternoon. i stopped by Home Depot and retunred some things and picked up so citrus paint stripper to try out on the paint job in San Jose. When i arrived in San Jose I had to replace the smoke/fire alarm batteries in the house then stow away all the stuff I'd brought down. For dinner I stopped by KFC for their special chicken and corn dinner.

Peppe Visiting
Tuesday: (06/18) Breakfast was granola and a banana.  I tinkered cleaning out some of the storage in the apartment this morning. I also serviced the water softner, checked the sump pump. It kept the basement dry as it should. Pepe, the tenants dog kept coming by for a visit. While he barks whenever he sees me he kept coming just inside the apartment but never anounced himself. Must want some company even he he doesn't like me. My lunch was a leftover chicken breast from last night's dinner. I needed a pruner so I went over to the local Target store about 8 miles away. The Jeep was making it known that it was sick by squeling. I checked it and it appears to be the idler pully or ? and the belt is being worn. I've heard a little noise for a while but it never did anything whenever I'd raise the hood to check. Not so now, it needs help. I returned to the apartment and finished my work. I pruned the trees and bushes in the front of the house to clear for painting. I may go further and remove some of the bushes since they are over grown. I prepared my dinner of pastrami with a baked potato and then drove back up to Palo Alto after the commute traffic had died. I had made an appointment to get the Jeep looked at up there tomorrow. Kind of ruins my work week.

Wednesday: (06/19) I delivered the Jeep to A1 Foreign Auto in Mountain View. No the jeep isn't foreign but the shop is actually good for anything. Of course it was quiet as a mouse with no squeling today. Thats because the idler pully is frozen and the belt is just slipping by. Wouldn't have gone much further without a tow. Nice of it to have this probelm while we're home. I caught the bus home and then warmed up some leftover corned beef hash and cooked some eggs for breakfast. After breakfast i pulled out my big contractor tool box to take down to San Jose to hold the paint and stuff while i work there. It needed to be cleaned up. I got distracted while pulling it out and cleaned up the side of the house as well as making a bunch of spiders unhappy by brushing off all the house. Dawn made a nice green salad for lunch. Shepherds pie for dinner

Thursday: (06/20) I tinkered in the wood shop this morning. After lunch I picked up the Jeep. It's all better now. Lou and Dawn were busy cleaning out their closets. Dawn also had a hair appointment which I drove her to. Cereal for breakfast. A nice tuna on green salad for lunch. Baked macaroni and cheese with squash for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment