Friday, July 5, 2013

Tarwater Loop Trail Hike

Friday: (07/05) The morning started with granola for breakfast and our tea in the back yard. I then went to pickup some of my fellow hikers. My first stop at the train station didn't go well. All trains were delayed due to single tracking necessitated by a death on the tracks. So, unfortunately I could wait for the late train and had to call to let that hiker know. Then I was off to a park and ride to pick up a couple of more hikers. Even with the delay we made it to the trail-head on time.

Old barm by trail Hikers on Pescadero Creek Bridge
Unfortunately, again, we turned out to be the only hikers. We enjoyed our hike down to the Pescadero Creek where we met another of our hikers who had been 30 minutes late and came down the hill in the opposite direction for our loop hike.

Pescadero Creek Old boiler at shingle mill
After a little time at the creek we headed back up the hill stopping at an old shingle mill  ruins and by a very majestic grandfather redwood tree. Our hike was 5.9 miles in 3 hours. We were really surprised and fortunate to have a nice cool morning due to a high fog hovering at  the tree tops. A really nice change from our recent hot spell. Leftovers for lunch. I had pastrami, macaroni salad,and chili beans. I relaxed a little at home while Lou and Dawn headed out thrifting. I met them later at the Oakridge Mall in San Jose for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory Restaurant. They had lettuce wraps while I had a Shepard's pie. Of course, Lou and I started our dinner with a slice of cheese cake. I enjoyed most of it since Dawn is abstaining from both dairy and wheat foods and Lou from wheat.

Tarwater Loop Trail



EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking in Portola Redwoods State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment