Friday, January 10, 2014

Big Basin’s Berry Creek Falls Hike





Resting At The First Crest On Sunset Trail Unnamed Falls At Big Basin
Friday: (01/10) I filled up the Jeep with fellow hikers and we headed up to Big Basin Redwoods State Park. We hiked out the Sunset Trail then Came down Berry Creek Falls Trail and returned to our cars on the Skyline To The Sea Trail.

Silver Falls At Big Basin Silver Falls At Big Basin
The hike was 11.4 miles and while the elevation only changed 96 feet, we climbed 5528 feet. I think it felt like it too. I managed to wear blisters on both heals. That hasn’t happened in several years. Time to replace the shoes and socks.

Big Basin Berry Creek Falls Trail Hikers
We had 17 hikers for the hike which took most of the day to complete with the distance and commute. We lunched by Golden Falls.

Big Basin Berry Creek Falls


EveryTrail – Find the best Hiking in California

Breakfast at Jack In The Box. Tuna salad and crackers for lunch. I was a bit hungry when I returned so I ate the leftover Shepard’s Pie then Lou made some enchiladas for dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment