Friday, September 25, 2020

Even More Bad Air

Friday: (09/25) Granola and banana for breakfast. Lou and I went grocery shopping at Smart and Final and Nob Hill Markets. Lou made chicken green salads for lunch. I laid more bricks for the patio and installed the slot drain. Lou made roast beast with baked potatoes and Brussels sprouts for dinner. 

 

 

Saturday: (09/26) A nice day. It is supposed to be getting hotter tomorrow. I added more baserock under Ernie’s trailer and laid a bunch more bricks, almost halfway under the trailer. Unfortunately I’m having difficulty getting the level I want so may have to lift and reset some later. Granola and banana for breakfast. Hot German potato salad with chicken apple sausage and avocado for lunch. Lou made Steak ranchero over latkes for dinner.

 


Sunday: (09/27) Waffles and ham for breakfast. I took a bike ride out to the bay this morning. I rode from East Palo Alto down to Sunnyvale. Plenty long enough to gain a really sore butt. I stopped to pickup lunch from First Wok Chinese restaurant In Sunnyvale at ECR and Mary Avenue. Since there is no inside dining I took it to the park in Mountain View near City Hall and enjoyed it. We picked up dinner from our nearby Corner Bakery Cafe, chopped salads. 

Monday: (09/28) Today was forecast to be warmer and worse AQI. The air only moved a little into moderate and, while Ernie's outside thermometer read 103, it didn’t seem hot. I was working in the shade though. I picked up and re-laid the last three rows of brick I laid yesterday and then finished laying all the bricks correctly. I also cut all the bricks that needed it. Only have to add some grout in the gaps now. I do have a ½” lip near the edge of Ernie’s trailer Someday I’ll need to pick that row up and match levels and probably need to split two of the bricks to match the edges. It’s progrssive from no difference to ½” difference and can’t be seen easily. It also will still drain properly. I cleaned up the work area and hosed it all down. Granola and banana for breakfast. Leftover Chinese food for lunch. Lou’s famous Iranian chicken potato salad for dinner.

 

Tuesday: (09/29) We went to breakfast at Joanie’s Restaurant on California Ave. After breakfast, Lou and I did some grocery shopping. A nice weather AQI day. We enjoyed tea in the backyard. My only work was installing a fixed length board to keep the electric jack from being able to lower the trailer tongue. Leftovers for lunch and dinner. Tonight was the first 2020 Presidential debate. 

Wednesday: (09/30) I stopped by Happy Donut for breakfast then on to Ace Hardware. I picked up a pull box and a couple of bags of mortar. When i got home Lou reminded me she had a doctors appointment so we all headed off to Kaiser. Dawn visited the book store and I did some shopping while we waited for Lou. After her appointment we stopped for lunch at Aqui Mexican Restaurant. Back home I tinkered on the computer. AQI got bad in the afternoon. Dawn made Shepherd’s pie for dinner. 

Thursday: (10/01) I made ham and eggs with toast for breakfast. We have bad air again today so no outside work. Lou and I went out before lunch to deliver her sewing machine and vacuum cleaner to the service shop. We picked up lunch at Lucky Chinese Bistro on the way home. After lunch, we picked up Dawn and visited the Post Office and the Los Altos Library as well as Marshall's Department Store. For some reason, any reason to get out is desired by everyone. Leftovers for dinner. It has been a really bad air day and remained so into the evening so we all spent the night in the RV with the AC on. I prefer it anyway.

Friday: (10/02) A really bad air day. Leftover Shepherd’s pie for breakfast. I made a run to Grocery Outlet for milk. Ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. BBQ ribs and fries for dinner.

Saturday: (10/03) Another bad air day 140 AQI. I made corned beef hash and eggs for breakfast. Lou made shrimp tacos for lunch. We all sheltered in the house all day. I picked up dinner from Harry’s Hofbrau in Redwood City. 

Sunday: (10/04) Leftover hash with eggs for breakfast. After the usual Sunday morning shows I got outside. The air quality was barely bad, the best we have had in a few days. I raised the pull box cover in the new patio and added some grout. Leftover lasagna for lunch. Tomato soup for dinner.

 

 

Monday: (10/05) A slightly marginal day. Leftover hash and eggs for breakfast. I went outside and hosed down and brushed the grout I did yesterday on the new patio section. Then I drove my bike down to Sunnyvale by the bay and rode it around the bay trails in Sunnyvale and on the levees. What a maze. A good map would really help. Next ride around the San Jose (Alviso) baylands. I picked up some dim sum on my way out. It bounced in my saddlebags during my ride but didn’t eat lunch until I returned to my car. I stopped on the way home at Smart And Final for a few things. Dawn made an interesting spaghetti squash and kale dish for dinner. 

 

Tuesday: (10/06) Granola and banana for breakfast. I spent the morning doing my final voting research and completed my ballot. Lou and Dawn did the same. Nachos for lunch. We delivered our ballots to the dropbox at the high school. Lou and I also went to a drive thru Kaiser Flu shot clinic and got our shots. Leftovers for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment